Sr. Property Adjuster (Field) - Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue, WA
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Purpose of Job**Sign-on Bonus available****Company Vehicle
Provided****Looking for experienced Sr. Property Adjusters in
Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue, WA**Adjusters in this role will focus on
utilizing technology and desk adjusting for a virtual first
approach to inspections and claims handling and will also be
responsible for physically inspecting losses within their locally
assigned territory. Adjusters in this role may expect to travel
outside of their local territory to respond to catastrophes in
other regions when needed.Within defined guidelines and framework,
investigates, evaluates, negotiates and settles complex property
insurance claims presented by or against our members.
Confirms/analyzes coverage, recognizes liability exposure and
negotiates equitable settlement in compliance with all state
regulatory requirements. Recognizes and empathizes with members'
life events, as appropriate.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows
what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular
mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Manage assigned claims caseload comprised of claims with
complex damages including specialty claims. Updates initial reserve
- Partners with vendors and internal business partners to
facilitate complex claims. May also involve external regulatory
coordination to ensure appropriate documentation and
- Investigates claim damages by conducting research from various
sources, including the insured, third parties, and external
- Proactively identifies and engages in additional confirmation
of potential discrepancies involving complicated situations.
- Serves as a resource for less experienced staff, providing
informal coaching as appropriate.
- Identifies coverage concerns, reviews prior loss history,
determines and creates Special Investigation Unit (SIU) referrals,
when appropriate Determines coverage through analyzing information
involving complex policy terms and contingencies.
- Communicates with insured about coverage or any issues that
involve additional information or considerations regarding
- Determines and negotiates complex claims settlement. Makes
recommendations to management for settlement amounts outside of
- Maintains accurate and current claim file documentation
throughout the claims process for complex claims.
- Proficient knowledge of estimating technology platforms.
Utilizes platforms to prepare claims estimates in order to manage
complex property insurance claims.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe (CAT) operations as
needed to include working significant overtime; may involve
deployment travel during designated CATs.
- May act as an informal resource for team members with less
- Recognizes and solves obstacles that occurs in the claims
process without supervisory approval.
- May require limited travel to resolve claims and conduct
in-person inspections.Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 years' relevant property claims adjusting experience of
moderate complexity that includes writing estimates involving
dwelling and structural damages.
- Successfully acquire Property & Casualty (P&C) adjuster
license and state registrations within 90 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge of Xactimate or similar estimating
- Advanced knowledge estimating losses of moderate
- Proficient knowledge of property claims contracts and
interpretation of case law.
- Demonstrated negotiation, investigation, communication and
conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to travel 50-75% of the year (local & non-local) and/or
work catastrophe duty when needed.
- Developing knowledge of residential construction.When you apply
for this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not be able to change your responses.Preferred
- Prior experience desk adjusting property claims involving DWG,
APS and ALE using virtual technologies such as ClaimsXperience
- Experience handling higher severity/complex losses (i.e.
vandalism, malicious mischief, foreclosures, earth movement,
collapse, liability, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree
- Industry designations such as CPCU, AIC, SCLA (or actively
- Currently reside within or have the ability to self-relocate
within Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue, WA
- Xactimate Level 1 and/or Level 2 certification
- Currently hold an active Adjuster License
- Have served in the US Military or Military SpouseAvailable to
work a flexible schedule Monday - Friday with availability for
occasional evenings and weekends as business need dictates. Typical
hours are 9:00 am - 5:30 pm local time. This is an hourly,
non-Exempt position with paid overtime available.Work from home
member contact employees must have access to minimum broadband
internet connection standards as defined by CTDO. Current
requirements are as follows:
- Bandwidth must have minimum capability of consistent speeds of
25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload.
- Wireless and Satellite coverage is currently not approved.
- Must be able to provide workspace at home that is safe,
suitable for work, and provide a distraction free environment from
background noises that may distract a member or internal USAA
- In some roles you will be expected to use a webcam for
training, please be prepared every day to turn on your webcam USAA
provides.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation: USAA
has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $60,300 - $108,600*(this does
not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your
work location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Seattle , Sr. Property Adjuster (Field) - Seattle/Tacoma/Bellevue, WA, Other , Silverdale, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!