Client Leader - Building Design & Project Entitlem
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionMG2 is looking for a talented Client Leader -
Building Design & Project Entitlements to join our Seattle, WA
office!General Description MG2 is seeking qualified candidates for
the position of a Client Leader to work directly with our largest
client Costco Wholesale. The role will be in daily direct client
contact in which you will be expected to lead the Building Design &
Project Entitlements process for several projects including new
warehouse locations, building additions, and remodels. You will act
as the project leader, serve as the client single point-of-contact,
and collaborate directly with the consultant team. You will be
facilitating multiple projects through the pre-design, due
diligence, space planning, budgeting, building design, and the
project approvals process. This is an active role that requires a
strong competency in architectural building design, site planning,
interior retail space planning, jurisdictional codes, sustainable
practices, and public presentations. This role requires expertise
and experience in leading projects from conception through the
jurisdictional approval process, proactively identifying and
mitigating any potential project risks or issues.This is an
in-person client facing role that requires the ability to lead the
overall project process with the client and project team. It is
required that the candidate be in the DMV (District of Columbia,
Maryland, Virginia) area as there are standing weekly meetings
requiring attendance at the client's offices in Sterling, VA. Being
physically present at these weekly meetings and traveling directly
with the client are important keys to success with building the
client relationship, confidence and trust. The client values this
interaction greatly and as such requires this commitment from the
- Leads and manages both the client and project teams through the
overall project development process from project conception phase
through the design phases (PD,SD,DD) and continues to actively
collaborate with the delivery project manager from construction
documents through construction administration, reporting to the
client the project status throughout the life of the project.
- Leads the architectural building design process. Engages the
design team, communicates the AHJ and client design expectations
and assures the quality of the deliverables to the client.
- Handles Quality Control of project documents. Is responsible
for the deliverables to the client or AHJ.
- Participates in construction costing, scheduling, and phasing
with our internal Cost Management team, the general contractor and
the client's real estate and construction departments.
- Directly negotiates with the client any scope change and
additional services as required.
- Is responsible for the project financials including invoice
review and tracks progress in collections and communicates with
client as necessary to collect any aging invoices.
- Leads client & consultant communication and can speak with
confidence and knowledge about the drawings and deliverables.
- Focuses on team ownership and accountability of projects as
well as team dynamics so as to grow communication proficiency with
leadership team, client, and project team.
- Ensures projects begin with a project plan, overall schedule
and budget work plan in place.
- Ensures clear milestones are established, communicated
regularly with the client through weekly project status updates and
results are achieved by the project team.
- Actively engages in mentoring and apprenticeship opportunities
and encourages the development of the junior staff. Always working
to share their expertise and explain the ‘why' to colleagues.
- Travel (1-2-day trips) will be required for attendance at site
meetings and presentations to various state and local
- Maintains consistent rigor around client and team
communications. Holds regular meetings with the client and project
teams to assure clarity of scope, that the schedule is being met
and the deliverables are of a high quality.Required BehaviorsModels
firm's Core Values. We are Confident, Creative, Passionate, and
Trusted. We generate Results.Key Experience
- Guiding projects through the jurisdictional architectural
design approvals process including jurisdictional hearings and
community meetings. You will be attending and presenting the
project design to community groups and jurisdictional boards.
- Effective people, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
Comfortable speaking in front of both small and large groups of
people about the project.
- A well-rounded fundamental comprehension of architectural
building design, retail interior space planning, engineering,
construction & sustainability practices.
- Ability to research codes, ordinances and other jurisdictional
requirements for a property and apply them to the design of a
- Ability to manage project priorities, risks and to identify
issues and proactively facilitate solutions to resolve them.
- Ability to manage project scope, service fee agreements,
schedule and communicate that to the project team.
- Must be a driven and results-oriented professional that is
comfortable in a decision-making role.Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master's Degree of Architecture
- Architectural licensure preferred
- 8+ years of architectural & project design management
- Ability to travel, typically(1-2 day trips) will be required
for attendance at site meetings and presentations to various state
& local jurisdictions
- Proven ability and confidence in being client facing and
leading the project team including outside consultants and
- A persistent problem-solver with a value-added practice
- Ability to serve as a positive influencer who inspires and
motivates the team
- Entrepreneurial, outgoing personality, confident, a people
person with compelling management & design acumen
- Portfolio of recent built work and projectsAbout MG2Guided by
our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been
delivering award-winning projects for over 50 years. We partner
with some of the world's most recognizable companies and brands to
bring exceptional design solutions to life through full
architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy,
and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies
in our people, our partnerships, and our commitment to helping them
succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored
solutions that advance our clients' enterprise and provide our
staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these
opportunities. Continually recognized as one of the "Best 100
Companies to Work For" by Business Magazine, MG2 works together
with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to
build successful projects, shaping environments that foster
memorable experiences. We actively pursue partners who share an
authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose,
promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and
the communities we serve. Built on Trust, Passion, Creativity, and
Confidence, MG2 delivers performance-driven Results. We deeply care
about communities, and passionately devote resources to helping
them thrive. MG2 whole-heartedly embraces diversity, actively seek
out, and are proud to welcome talent from every walk of life. Our
differences, unique perspectives, and elevation of every voice and
idea not only makes us stronger, but are absolutely essential to
designing and building truly inclusive and equitable experiences
and spaces for everyone.Powered by JazzHRwidXljHZrp
Keywords: MG2, Seattle , Client Leader - Building Design & Project Entitlem, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!