Posted on: June 25, 2022
Maximizes sales and brand awareness by providing exceptional
customer care to all customers in a friendly, efficient, and
professional manner; gives impartial, personalized, expertise and
advice regardless of brand and budget.
Demonstrates a passion for beauty and provides inspirational beauty
knowledge and know-how.
Provides customers with solutions for their beauty needs, including
mini-makeovers and skincare consultations, with an emphasis on the
customers' total look.
Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer
Oversees and maintains overall beauty department standards.
- Engages customers by greeting them and offering assistance with
products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers
questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer care best practices by proactively
offering assistance, asking questions to determine customers'
needs, and informing customers of options.
- Greets, listens, and engages customers to identify their needs,
making them aware of appropriate products and services, and
providing warm transfers to other areas of the store when
- Provides expertise in product demonstrations and consultations
utilizing tools such as the Matchmade Device, Skin Hydrometer, and
- Leads and delivers in-store events to promote brand awareness
and loyalty of Owned Brands and total Beauty/Personal Care.
- Builds relationships with customers; provides authentic closure
of customer interaction and builds and fosters relationships.
- Engages with omni-channel solutions to enhance customer
- Locates products in other stores or online if unavailable in
- Achieves or exceeds predetermined sales goals by assisting
customers in the purchase of products and by modeling exceptional
- Reviews scorecard on a regular basis to understand performance
within store and district; partners with store leadership and BAE
to create improvement goals.
- Consistently focuses on link-selling and up-selling with
customers by showing them sale items and complimentary
- Uses testers and sampling to demonstrate product application
and leverage items from beauty promotional programs.
- Ensures testers are stocked and maintained in compliance with
hygiene standards; maintains a clean and organized department.
- Implements company asset protection procedures to identify and
minimize profit loss.
- Processes sales for customers and/or employee purchases on cash
- Participates in meetings and conference calls concerning
programs and promotions, new items, brand launches, sales goals,
and modeling exceptional customer care.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding
regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments as assigned.Training & Personal
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting
high personal standards, maintaining awareness of beauty trends,
learning from others, and improving job performance.
- Maintains knowledge of competition, new product/brand launches,
and overall industry trends.
- Attends and participates in meetings, seminars, and other
knowledge and business-driving opportunities; educates store team
on new beauty updates, information, and learnings from
- Attends training and completes e-learning modules requested by
Manager or assigned by Corporate.
- Maintains professional appearance and image in compliance with
company guidelines at all times.
- Models and shares behavior with other Beauty Consultants;
provides training and assistance to new Beauty Consultants.
- Works collaboratively with the Beauty Area Expert to review
goals and maintain product knowledge.Walgreens, one of the nation's
largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA
Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global
pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million
customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across
America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer
goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and
wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores
with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto
Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business
includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer
Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make
health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we
remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to
important health services, such as immunizations and an array of
pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To
our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to
excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We
offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be
a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of
our customers, team members and the communities we all call
Auto req ID
External Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience
working in a retail sales environment that required meeting a
defined sales goal OR at least 1 year of experience proactively
selling beauty or cosmetic products and providing customer
- Experience in developing ways to accomplish goals with little
or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and
determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Knowledge of products and brands in order to engage and meet
the needs of the customer.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a
- Basic level PC/tablet skills.
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule including
evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English.
(Except in Puerto Rico)Store
Full Store Address
4468 STONE WAY N,SEATTLE,WA,98103
- Licensure in Cosmetology or as an Esthetician as granted by
appropriate state licensing authority.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with
individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business
community & with vendors.
- Experience demonstrating makeup application and providing
makeovers to customers.
- Experiencing selling Prestige brands.
- Degree from Beauty School.
- Experience with another retailer in the form of an
Externship.The following information is applicable for San
Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in
accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the
available benefits and salary available for this position by
clicking here: jobs.walgreens.com/benefits. Walgreens will provide
applicants in other states with information related to the
position, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling
4468 STONE WAY N,SEATTLE,WA,98103-07439-13087-S
Keywords: Walgreens, Seattle , BEAUTY CONSULTANT, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!