Company: Acara Solutions
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Acara Solutions is helping our aerospace / defense client find a
direct hire salaried employee to fill their Buyer 2 opening near
the Eastside of Lake Washington. This is mainly an onsite position
expecting the employee to be onsite at least 2-3 days per week so
living in the Seattle region is required.
Responsible for all purchasing activities, as assigned by the
Procurement Manager, taking into consideration quality, delivery,
price, risks, terms, and other significant factors. Coordinates and
manages the procurement of materials, parts, equipment, and
supplies for the organization.
- Serve as a primary focal point for all communication with
vendors and suppliers.
- Solicit formal and informal quotes from prospective
- Prepare Bid Tabulations when appropriate and coordinates with
requisitioners and others, as necessary, when selecting
- Conduct negotiations of terms, conditions and costs/prices
associated with purchases.
- Analyze prices and alternate supply sources to take advantage
of cost & profit improvement opportunities.
- Maintain purchasing files and records.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of corporate, division and local
purchasing policies & procedures to ensure compliance.
- Maintain effective working relationship with suppliers and
internal customers to ensure positive rapport supporting the
organization's local long term interests.
Required Skills / Qualifications:Bachelor's Degree in Business
Administration, or related fieldMin 3 years of procurement,
material, and supply chain management experience that includes the
- Knowledgeable of a wide range of commodities and services.
- Working knowledge of legal aspects of purchasing/procurement as
required by federal, state, and local levels of public laws and
regulations, UCC, DFARS.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of purchase order documentation
(single/sole source, source selection, price/cost analysis contract
flow down, cost accounting standards, certifications etc.) and its
significance within the procurement process.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiations of major procurements/prime
This is a DOD contractor, U.S. Citizens required. No dual
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:Prior DoD procurement experience
and use of IFS software
Keywords: Acara Solutions, Seattle , Buyer (Aerospace/Defense), Other , Woodinville, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!