Cargo Claims Specialist
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Handling all administration for cargo claims and other related
projects associated with the ECIB Claims Management product. This
is a customer-facing role with the potential to grow in to an
Account Manager position.Demonstrate the ability to accurately and
professionally perform all job tasks including:
- Evaluate claims as assigned, determine the best approach for
resolution, and execute this approach.
- Research and evaluate evidence to make handling decisions for
- Demonstrate superior customer service skills.
- Systematic and periodic follow-up with relevant parties until
claims are closed.
- Work with clients, carriers, and agents as needed to educate on
the claims process. Strive to maintain and protect clients'
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully obtain recoveries from
responsible parties in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of a full claim load as indicated by
- Ability to understand, manage, and prioritize with a sense of
- Complete and accurate file maintenance, including policy files,
branch files, computer files, correspondence, and
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of basic computer
programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and various internal
systems. Continued education of computer programs as
- Demonstrate ability to communicate professionally via email and
- Demonstrate an understanding of when to escalate issues to the
attention of Supervisor/Manager.
- Exhibit a curious nature in review of all business operations.
Communicate clearly the basis for any concerns or issues in writing
- Proactive identification of opportunities for process
improvement, and communication to Supervisor.
- Willingness to assist with various other teams or sections of
the Risk Management department as requested by Supervisor.
- Ability to work with team members and maintain a positive,
collaborative work environment.
- 100% compliance with all Expeditors CHQ employment
Minimum two years office experience or demonstrated equivalent;
Experience in the freight forwarding, logistics, or risk
managementindustriesencouraged, but not required. Fifty-two hours
of training credits are required in each calendar year and an
ongoing pursuit of education.
Entry level position, however, must be able to use a computer,
type, and enter data in Claims System. Ability to read and write
English is required. Prior experience with transportation
documentation is desirable, but not required.This job will be
in-office, at the employee's choice of one of four Expeditors
office locations in downtown Seattle, Lynnwood, Bellevue, or
Federal Way.#PIQPandoLogic. Keywords: Insurance Examiner, Location:
Issaquah, WA - 98029 , PL: 524401051Required
Keywords: Expeditors, Seattle , Cargo Claims Specialist, Other , Issaquah, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!