Child Care Assistant (AmeriCorps)
Company: Sea Mar Community Health Centers
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSea Mar Community Health Centers, a Federally
Qualified Health Center (FQHC) founded in 1978, is a
community-based organization committed to providing quality,
comprehensive health, human, housing, educational and cultural
services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos
in Washington State. Sea Mar proudly serves all persons without
regard to race, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, or sexual
orientation, and regardless of ability to pay for services. Sea
Mar's network of services includes more than 90 medical, dental,
and behavioral health clinics and a wide variety of nutritional,
social, and educational services. We are recruiting for the
following position(s):Child Care Assistant (AmeriCorps) – Posting
#21813Posting Summary:Sea Mar Community Health Centers is seeking a
Child Care Assistant to work in our Child Development Center in
Seattle. The Child Care Teaching Assistant is responsible for
assisting in the planning and carrying out of the activities for an
assigned classroom. The AmeriCorps Member must have knowledge of
child development as evidence by professional references,
education, experience and on-the-job performance. Essential Duties
and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Participate in mandatory trainings, service projects and team
building activities throughout their 10-11 month full time term of
- Work cohesively with the lead teacher's plans to prepare and
deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning
- Assist in guiding every child through self-directed activities,
allowing them to develop at his or her own pace.
- Along with lead teachers, foster a nurturing, safe, and
stimulating, non-competitive environment.
- Demonstrate verbally and by role modeling a sounds knowledge of
good teaching practices.
- Maintain a safe, clean and pleasant environment.
- Tend to the physical care, safety and wellbeing of all the
children in the group.
- Provide information to parents regarding their children as well
as general child development information.
- Responsibility for setting the tone for and maintaining
- Actively participate in the Healthy Futures education project
for AmeriCorps. Providing health education materials to teachers,
children and family.
- Participate in an AmeriCorps site health project, by
introducing health education to the current curriculum. Work with
Lead Teacher's to develop lesson plans on this health intervention
series. Education and/or Qualifications:
- High School Diploma Required
- Preferred undergraduate degree or equivalent work
- Must have a current TB test (within the past year). Must
receive a satisfactory background check from WATCH and all CNCS
background check requirements.
- Must have and maintain current Food Handler's Permit.
- This position must obtain CPR Certification within 90 days of
their service start date and is required to maintain current CPR
through completion of member's service hours.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred but not required.What We
Offer:Sea Mar offers talented and motivated people the opportunity
to work in a dynamic and growing community health organization.
Working at Sea Mar Community Health Centers is more than just a
job, it's a fulfilling career with opportunity for advancement. The
fringe benefits surpass most companies. For example, Full-time
employees working 30 hours more, receive an excellent benefit
package of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Prescription
coverage, Long Term Disability, EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
We also offer 401(k)/Retirement options and an exciting opportunity
to work in a culturally diverse environment. How to Apply:To apply
for this position, complete the online application and click SUBMIT
or APPLY NOW. If you have any questions regarding the position,
email Memo Madera Perez, AmeriCorps Coordinator at
GuillermoMaderaPerez@seamarchc.org Please reference the posting
number on the subject of your email. Sea Mar is an Equal
Opportunity EmployerPosted on 06/03/2021Please visit our website to
learn more about us at www.seamarchc.org. Follow us on Facebook,
Twitter, and Instagram.Powered by JazzHRChsBPhyQo8
Keywords: Sea Mar Community Health Centers, Seattle , Child Care Assistant (AmeriCorps), Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!