Security Guard Full-Time
Company: Covenant Living
Location: Mercer Island
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Part of a nationwide family of
Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Covenant Living is seeking
a Security Guard. This position is responsible for security of the
campus, all campus vehicles, residents and staff. Security
responsibilities are to police the buildings and grounds and
respond to all emergencies on the campus during the security shift.
In this role, the Security Guard will:
- Respond to emergency call system.
- Evaluate the need to notify any on-call personnel when
necessary and follows designated procedures supporting on-call
personnel as required.
- In emergency situations, calls 911 and ensures connection with
responding emergency personnel.
- Check and secures all security equipment, completes scheduled
patrols of entire campus.
- Check and secure all exterior doors in all buildings.
- Be on alert and is to challenge any/all trespassers on campus
- Responsible for monitoring all vehicle traffic and help
maintain all of traffic policies.
- Have knowledge about and familiarizes self with the entire
campus, equipment areas, campus phone system, emergency fire
equipment/panels, emergency pendant system and follows all
- Have familiarity with utility shut-off locations, and able to
reset HVAC chiller system, when not operating. In addition,
familiar with fire detector indicator panel locations and
understands shut-off techniques and panel reset procedures.
- Write and distribute appropriate reports for all
- Report all safety hazards and writes appropriate maintenance
requests into the WorxHub software program.
- Provide maintenance/housekeeping services at the direction of
any leadership staff, on an emergency basis.
- Provide non-emergency residential services that do not conflict
with the main security purpose.The ideal candidate will have:
- High school education.
- Two years experience in security or other related work.
- Current state driver's license (CDL preferred) and a good
- First aid certification and to have experience in emergency
- Ability to read and write in English, to communicate with the
other employees and residents.
- Good interpersonal skills, project a friendly personality,
understand customer service and team building concepts, and have
the ability to work with people, especially the elderly.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Good observational skills are required.
- Ability to work under conditions that require flexibility and
the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
- For California candidates, must maintain a valid and current
California Security License.For full time employees, we offer a
generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org. Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
or ordinances.Required qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Seattle , Security Guard Full-Time, Other , Mercer Island, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!