Company: Covenant Living
Location: Mercer Island
Posted on: August 8, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!The purpose of this position
is to pick up, sort, launder, and redistribute personal laundry for
assigned residents. This position ensures the proper labeling and
distribution of personal items to be laundered and dry cleaned by
outside services and the redistribution of such items.
- Collect soiled resident clothing from resident rooms and from
the utility rooms,and receive other items from nursing personnel
- Separate items to be laundered and dry-cleaned by outside
services, checking clothing andmarking with name tags as needed.
Check returned laundry and distribute to residents.
- Wash laundry at proper temperatures with proper kinds and
amounts of detergents andother cleaning chemicals. Operate washing
machine and dryer in laundry process.
- Advise supervisor of items that are worn out or unusable, so
family can be notified.
- Launder posies, sheepskins, light bedspreads or other resident
belongings as needed.
- Sort and distribute laundered items to resident rooms and
storage areas as appropriate.
- Collect soiled hand towels from resident rooms and distribute
- Advise supervisor of laundry supply needs.
- Assist in distribution of house linens from linen service as
- Be familiar with duties and responsibilities of housekeeper
position in order to fill in ifneeded. Requirements:1. One year
high school education.2. Good interpersonal and communication
skills, verbal and written in English.3. Previous housekeeping or
laundry experience.4. Ability to work independently with limited
supervision.5. Ability to organize routine schedule and duties to
complete each day's responsibilities.6. Be able to make independent
decisions in the absence of supervisor.7. An interest in and desire
to work with older adults. For full time employees, we offer a
generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org. Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Homeare equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information,
or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations,
or ordinances.Required qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Seattle , Laundry Aide, Other , Mercer Island, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!