EMT - Tukwila
Company: Global Medical Response
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Starting Wage: $21.69 - $22.88 DOE, including weekend
differential. AMR wages are based hourly and not on an annual
basis. Overtime and other opportunities are available, to include,
Wildland Fire EMS, Disaster Response Team, along with multiple
stand-by events. Tuition Reimbursement - If you have graduated from
an accredited EMT program in Washington State within the prior six
months you will be eligible to have the tuition for you EMT program
reimbursed after a year of full time of employment. American
Medical Response (AMR) is a Teamsters Local 763 union-based
company. AMR has been providing services in Seattle/King County and
surrounding areas since the acquisition of our predecessor company,
Shepard Ambulance, which began service here in 1923. AMR is a
subsidiary of the nation's largest private healthcare provider,
Global Medical Response. Though AMR has the backing of GMR, we
employ a family of local leadership and employees who work and live
within the communities we serve. We work closely within our local
911 systems, as well as various health care facilities, to provide
the most appropriate care for our customers. If you are interested
in a career in EMS or the healthcare field, joining the AMR Seattle
family will set you on the path to success. Schedule: All
applicants must be willing to work flexible shifts to include 8,
10, 12, or 14-hour shifts, days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Emergency Medical Technician Duties: Our Emergency Medical
Technician (EMT) function as an integral member of a highly
qualified team to deliver comprehensive and compassionate
prehospital and inter-facility transport to patients and residents
of King, Snohomish, Pierce County, and many other counties. AMR is
the only company able to offer a variety of opportunities, locally
and nationwide. At AMR you will work alongside highly trained
Firefighters, Paramedics, and Police officers in a fast-paced 911
systems. AMR Seattle also offers qualifying employees a paid
scholarship for paramedic training, along with a flexible work
schedule during your schooling. Essential Duties and
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols,
response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system
components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent
with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation
of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy
and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through
knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of
mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness
and appearance standards.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description. Minimum
- Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as
required by County to which assigned
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge
- Radio communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of medical supplies and equipment contained
in the vehicle
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions
- Ability to perform the essential job functions
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Valid Washington State Drivers License
- Acceptable driving record#EMSJOBS_NWNOTE REGARDING COVID-19:
Upon accepting an offer and joining the GMR family, new hires will
be required to submit a COVID-19 vaccination status of either
vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing for individuals with a disability.
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Seattle , EMT - Tukwila, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!