Company: Kimpton Hotels & Resturants
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better.
Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of
coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that
happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve
lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in
return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life
kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with
your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky
personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we
know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who
share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't
need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an
innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent,
exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests
feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
As a Prep Cook, you'll prep and set-up for meals in a timely and
efficient manner. You'll provide guests with excellent food quality
and consistency, in an attractive environment, and with
professional service. You're hardworking and you love maintaining
and building sound working relationships with your teammates.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Prepare food items using a quality predetermined method in a
quick and consistent manner.
- Follow the prep list created by Chef.
- Practice sanitation and safety daily to ensure total customer
happiness and to uphold food safety standards.
- Label and stock all ingredients and seasonings used with proper
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes,
sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash, etc.
- Know and comply consistently with standard portion size,
cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take
on responsibilities outside of this job description at times, as we
What You Bring
- Food Handler Certification (if applicable)
- 1 year of experience in a related or supportive role is
- Prior culinary skills, prep cook experience, and strong knife
- Time management and organizational ability required for high
quality food production.
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision to
complete assigned tasks.
- Knowledgeable of kitchen health and safety rules and able to
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and
holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a
culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant
guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees
to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That
includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles,
education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of
all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual
orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO
policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.Required
Keywords: Kimpton Hotels & Resturants, Seattle , Prep Cook, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!