Company: Olympic College
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Reports to: Campus Security Sargent
Olympic College is recruiting for several part-time Security Guard
positions at various campuses. The Security Guard maintains campus
security by inspecting of buildings and grounds. Part-time
positions at the college are open continuous and reviewed on a
quarter-by-quarter basis. Individuals who apply to the applicant
pool are considered active for a period of 12 months from the
application date and may be contacted when vacancies occur.
Submitting an application does not guarantee that a position will
be available or offered.
Olympic College is a public two-year community college accredited
by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities that
educates more than 13,000 students a year. The College is committed
to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages
applications from women, people of color, individuals with
disabilities, and veterans. Olympic College is located on the
scenic Kitsap Peninsula across the Puget Sound from the city of
Seattle. Kitsap is surrounded by 236 miles of saltwater shoreline
and centrally located between the Olympic and Cascade Mountain
ranges, affording spectacular views of mountains and water from
every vantage point.
- Patrol and inspect an assigned area of buildings and grounds to
maintain security from fire, theft, illegal entry, property damage,
or unauthorized use of buildings.
- Lock doors and windows; report needed repairs and safety
hazards to proper authority.
- Make regular rounds; activate security alarm system after
- Receive, check, and sign for registered mail and other
deliveries made after normal working hours.
- May be required to provide escort service.
- Provide directions upon request.
- May be required to perform first aid.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- High School Graduation or equivalent.
- Physical capacity to perform duties including walking long
distances and the ability to lift/carry/move equipment up to
- Possession of a valid, unrestricted State driver's license
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check
with no previous felony convictions. Practical examination may be
administered. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee
a passing or competitive score on the examination.
- One (1) year full-time equivalent (FTE) experience in related
areas of work such as: security guard, police officer, police
reserve office, military police or correctional officer or store
investigations, or other law enforcement work
- Certificate of completion in a basic law enforcement training
- Course(s) and/or previous training in criminal justice,
homeland security, or related fields Working Conditions
- This position requires punctual and regular attendance.
- This job requires a lot of outside activities in all kinds of
weather, interpersonal contact with a wide variety of people and
situations that could become volatile.
- Must be able to cover shifts (primarily night and evening) on
the Bremerton, Poulsbo or Shelton campuses
Successful Applicants will
- Demonstrate the physical capacity to perform duties.
- Demonstrate success working with individuals and groups
representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Function as a team player.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the appropriate computer
- Understand oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Possess excellent customer service skills; including building
and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a
commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Olympic
College mission, vision and values.
- Demonstrate ethics, integrity and sound professional
Terms of Employment
This is a hourly position scheduled to work up to 18 hours per
week. Hours worked are limited to 79 hours per month or 450 hours
in a 6-month period. Flexibility in scheduling is needed to meet
the demands of the department. The salary for this position is
$17.11 per hour.
Part-time positions at the college are open continuously and
reviewed on a quarter-by-quarter basis. Individuals who apply to
the applicant pool are considered active for a period of 12 months
from the application date and may be contacted when vacancies
occur. Applying does not guarantee that a position will be
available or offered.
Conditions of Employment
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal
record history will be conducted. Information from the background
check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be
considered in determining the applicant's suitability and
competence to perform in the position. In addition to the
background check, candidates will be required to complete the
Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Form as required WB HB 2327.
- Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader)
, state employees must be fully vaccinated . Your vaccine status
will be verified at New Employee Orientation . Please reach out to
the HR Office at email@example.com 360-475-7300 if you need
information on medical or religious accommodation.
- Olympic College seeks candidates for employment who share our
commitment to fostering and equitable and inclusive learning
environment (read our Equity Statement ). All applicants are
required to submit a statement of 500 words or less, describing the
value of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the higher education
environment and their prior, current, and/or potential
contribution(s) to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion as an
How To Apply
To be considered for this position a candidate must apply online
through the Olympic College website and submit the following
- Olympic College Online Application
- Cover Letter - in your cover letter describe how your
experience sets you apart for this position.
- Unofficial college transcripts. Official transcripts and copies
of mandated certifications will be required of the successful
Olympic College provides equal opportunity in education and
employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a
veteran of war. Olympic College Provides reasonable accommodations
for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities
in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal
Rehabilitation Act. The following people have been designated to
handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination and accommodation
policies: Rick Sommer, 360-475-7129. This recruitment announcement
does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and
or modified without notice
Keywords: Olympic College, Seattle , Security Guard, Other , Bremerton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!