Sr Environmental Test Engineer
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: September 24, 2022
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast
resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to
solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges -
together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger
impact on the big picture. Job Summary: The Environmental Test (ET)
organization is seeking engineers who enjoy hands on work to join
our team. ET is an engineering organization that supports all
missile programs across Missiles and Defense. The ET organization
provides testing capability for every phase of the product life
cycle from prototype to production. - Environmental testing
includes mechanical shock, electrodynamic vibration, salt fog,
climatic environments such as temperature, humidity, and altitude,
high temperature quartz lamp testing, structural testing, and
custom instrumentation installations and data acquisition support.
The Test Engineer is responsible for executing a variety of
environmental tests while collaborating in an integrated product
(IP) team environment with fellow ET Test Engineers, ET Support
Engineers, and internal engineering customers. The Test Engineer
will work within the IP team to develop the best methods for
implementing tests to meet customer requirements and is responsible
for all aspects of the test including test design and setup,
equipment control and monitoring, and data collection and
validation. The Test Engineer is responsible for performing
troubleshooting and adjustment of both the equipment and test setup
when technical issues arise. The Test Engineer will work in a
Multi-Program Closed Area and report to the Environmental Test
Operations Manager within the Systems Integration and Test
Directorate. - Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Develop and verify test plans and procedures as well as review
plans and procedures written by others.
- Oversee and conduct vibration/shock and
temperature/altitude/humidity testing to validate models for the
purposes of new product qualification, production acceptance,
flight test clearance, engineering evaluations, and failure
- Oversee and conduct structural testing to validate models and
ensure safety margins.
- Oversee and conduct aero-thermal heating testing using quartz
lamps to simulate extreme heating environment during flight.
- Design, model, and analyze vibration and structural test
- Assist in creating schedules and budgets.
- Implement engineering best practices to ensure testing is
performed accurately and on schedule. Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires bachelor's degree, or closely related STEM
field, and five (5) years of prior relevant experience OR an
Advanced degree and three (3) years of relevant experience OR in
absence of a degree, nine (9) years of relevant experience is
required. A PhD can account for 5 years of experience as required
for this role.
- Previous work experience setting up and troubleshooting
mechanical hardware, electrical instruments, and computer
- Previous work experience in a laboratory or industrial
- Demonstrated communication and leadership skills including
effective written, verbal, and listening skills.
- Hands on experience using basic hand and power tools such as
soldering iron, torque wrenches, or electronic test equipment.
- Previous work experience that involved writing test plans or
- Understanding and working knowledge of laboratory test
equipment troubleshooting processes.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an
active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Qualifications We Value:
- Masters or Ph.D. in the aforementioned degree field.
- Preferred majors include: Electrical, Aerospace, or
- Familiar with instrumentation such as accelerometers, force
transducers, thermocouples, strain gages, load cells, and
- Experience with data acquisition system hardware and software
such as Dewesoft, DEWETRON, Somat, or National Instrument's
- Experience with vibration controllers such as LMS, Vibration
Research, or Crystal Instruments.
- Experience with solid modeling and analysis software
applications such as PTC ProE/CREO, SOLIDWORKS, or ANSYS
- Current DoD Secret or TS/SCI clearance. What We Offer: Whether
you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care. Additional Details: Clearance Information:
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security
clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security
clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office
(DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and
adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about
Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State
government website here:
#LinkedIn-Onsite Raytheon Technologies is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Seattle , Sr Environmental Test Engineer, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!