Section Lead, Environmental Testing
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Posted on: September 24, 2022
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast
resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to
solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges -
together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger
impact on the big picture Job Summary: Within TE&EC, the Test
Operations & Environments Department includes the Environmental
Test (ET) organization. ET is an engineering organization that
supports all missile programs across Missiles and Defense. The ET
organization provides testing capability for every phase of the
product life cycle from prototype to production. - Environmental
testing includes mechanical shock, electrodynamic vibration, salt
fog, climatic environments such as temperature, humidity, and
altitude, high temperature quartz lamp testing, structural testing,
test fixture design, and custom instrumentation installations and
data acquisition support. Environmental Test is seeking a Section
Leader in the field of environmental testing. The candidate will be
responsible for overseeing and managing a group of 15-20 engineers
who perform complex environmental testing. The candidate will be
responsible for ensuring Environmental Test is meeting the needs of
its customers through development of its people, processes, and
facility. The candidate will be responsible for accurate planning
and forecasting of Environmental Test's resources and assets. In
this capacity, the candidate needs to possess an extensive
knowledge of instrumentation and data acquisition systems,
environmental test methodologies, structural testing design and
implementation, and fixture design principles. The candidate will
report to the Environmental Test Manager and will work in a
Multi-Program Closed Area. Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Lead a work group of 15-20 engineers.
- Develop and mentor engineers in the field of Environmental
- Participate in hiring activities within the department.
- Review test plans and procedures for technical content and test
- Oversee and personally conduct environmental testing to
validate models for the purposes of new product qualification,
production acceptance, flight test clearance, engineering
evaluations, and failure investigations.
- Assist in creating schedules and budgets.
- Implement engineering best practices to ensure testing is
performed accurately and on schedule.
- Provide resolution as testing conflicts arise. Qualifications
You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology,
Engineering, or Mathematics and five (5 ) years of prior relevant
experience OR an advanced degree and 3 years of relevant experience
may be considered for this role. -In absence of a degree, 9 years
of relevant experience is required . -A PhD can account for 5 years
of experience as required for this role.
- Four (4) or more years prior technical/engineering experience
in an environmental test environment with emphasis in test planning
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in static and dynamic
structural testing or vibration and thermal testing.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience with all types of
instrumentation to include accelerometers, force transducers,
thermocouples, strain gages, load cells, and displacement
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience with data acquisition
system hardware and software such as Dewesoft, DEWETRON, Somat, or
National Instrument's LabVIEW. Or four (4) years of experience
using vibration controllers such as Unholtz-Dickie, LMS, Vibration
Research, Jaguar, or Crystal Instruments.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience with solid modeling
and analysis software applications such as PTC ProE/CREO or
SOLIDWORKS and ANSYS workbench.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience setting up and
troubleshooting laboratory mechanical hardware, electrical
instruments, and computer systems.
- A minimum of one (1) year of leadership experience in an
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an
active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Qualifications We Value:
- Masters of Science or Ph.D. in Engineering (Preferred majors:
Electrical, Aerospace or Mechanical).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills including effective
written, verbal, and listening.
- High situational awareness and ability to effectively work
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience developing and evaluating requirements and able to
evaluate test issues and define solutions.
- Experience developing strategies in support of organizational
- Working knowledge of test equipment troubleshooting
- Current DoD secret or TS/SSBI clearance.
- Understanding of basic management approaches such as work
scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution. What We
Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or
are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards
package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare,
wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care. #LI-Onsite Raytheon Technologies is An
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other
federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Seattle , Section Lead, Environmental Testing, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!