Curriculum Designer for Spanish Literacy
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the
world and make it universally available. But we've got more left to
do - and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the
world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion
exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we
have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English
proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based
decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We
offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and
collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and
over half a billion more!
We are looking for a world-class educator with experience teaching
to young children in a Spanish-speaking or bilingual setting. Our
ideal candidate has full professional proficiency in Latin American
Spanish, demonstrates strong organizational skills, can build
effective and engaging course content, and understands the unique
challenges of digital education. You will join our cross-functional
Literacy team and help support our efforts to deliver the best
literacy education in the world through evidence-based practices.
Join Duolingo to feel empowered as an educator, impacting millions
* Design the curriculum and internal pedagogical resources for the
Duolingo Spanish literacy course and support other literacy
* Develop fun, accessible content in Spanish for emergent,
beginner, and early independent readers
* Help develop and implement efficient processes for scaling the
creation of educational content
* Help recruit, train, and supervise educational content creators
* Help communicate Duolingo's teaching methodology to a
* Teaching experience. You have at least 5 years of experience
teaching literacy to children in a Spanish-speaking or bilingual
* Pedagogical expertise. You are familiar with external standards
for teaching literacy (e.g., national curricula in Latin America)
and can design course curricula that effectively scaffold the
learning experience for young children.
* Creative instincts. You can develop and adapt creative
educational content for different reading levels.
* Language expertise. You have full professional proficiency in
Latin American Spanish and strong familiarity with the cultures of
regions where Spanish is spoken.
* Strong communication. You have excellent interpersonal and
* Operational focus. You are organized and efficient, and strive to
continuously improve your workflow and processes.
* MA (or equivalent) in Education or related field or reading
license in K-6
* At least 5 years of proven experience in Spanish literacy
* Ability to work full-time from or relocate to Seattle, WA
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
* Multilingual language background
* Experience in early elementary education and understanding of
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your
interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately
assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Because Duolingo intends to require all employees to return to work
from an office, all employees will need to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended
by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to remain
employed unless they have an exemption to vaccination pursuant to a
required reasonable accommodation. This is so that our employees
feel safe in the office.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being
with our benefits here.
Keywords: Duolingo, Seattle , Curriculum Designer for Spanish Literacy, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!