Hybrid Principal Hydrogeologist or Remediation Engineer Seattle / Issaquah, WA
Company: Farallon Consulting
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Farallon Consulting, L.L.C. has a full-time opening for a
Principal Hydrogeologist or Remediation Engineer. The position may
be based out of either our Seattle or Issaquah Washington offices.
Core job responsibilities will include directly managing a broad
range of projects that reflect Farallon's core practices in
contaminated site investigation and remediation, environmental due
diligence, litigation support, and regulatory coordination. Project
work is often fast paced and requires a commitment to both quality
and client service.
Farallon cares about the future of our clients, the community, and
the earth. The world-class expertise, collaborative practices, and
trustworthiness our people bring to each project create long-term
relationships with clients, agencies, and project partners.
Balancing today's problem-solving with a long-term perspective, we
work strategically to benefit clients, the environment, and make a
Farallon has carefully created a positive firm culture that
supports a collaborative working environment that allows close
cooperation among staff and offices, allowing each employee to make
meaningful contributions to the firm's growth and success.
Farallon Consulting offers competitive wages and benefits,
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term
Disability, and Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Pay
- 401K Program with Employer Matching contributions
- 100% Employee Owned - (ESOP) Employee stock ownership plan with
full vesting 6 years after hire date
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution or Flexible
Minimum qualifications for the Principal Hydrogeologist or
Remediation Engineer position are:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in geology, hydrogeology,
engineering or other related field from an accredited
- Professionally licensed in Washington.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in environmental
consulting, including planning and performing site investigation,
characterization, and remediation in Washington State.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams, both internal and
external, to conduct Remedial Investigations and Feasibility
Studies for remediation projects with varying degrees of complexity
and/or overall scope.
- Well-versed working knowledge of applicable environmental
regulations and guidance including at a minimum MTCA, RCRA, and
- Experience working with the Washington State Department of
Ecology through formal and voluntary cleanups, including those
enrolled in programs administered by the Pollution Liability
- Deep knowledge of project and firm financial performance
metrics and management, ability to assess overall project risk, and
manage long term project liabilities.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills including
the ability to independently prepare proposals, summary reports,
and formal cleanup documentation including Remedial
Investigation/Feasibility Study reports, Cleanup Action Plans, and
Cleanup Action Reports.
- Ability to work with Farallon's team of scientists and
engineers on business development.
- Availability to travel as required for project and business
development related work.
- Commitment to safety, including working knowledge of State and
Federal health and safety requirements.
Preferred qualifications for the Principal Hydrogeologist or
Remediation Engineer include:
- Subject matter expert qualifications on emerging contaminants,
sediments, or other specific disciplines.
- Previous experience as a consulting or testifying expert on
matters related to release of hazardous substances, environmental
fate and transport, or regulatory compliance requirements.
- Professional registrations in Alaska, California, Nevada, or
- Existing client relationships.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients, and
communities is a top priority for Farallon Consulting. As such, we
require a COVID-19 vaccination for in-person business. All
employees are required to present proof of vaccination status upon
hire unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption.
Apply for the Principal Hydrogeologist or Remediation Engineer
If you would like to be considered for this position with the
Farallon team, submit a resume online at
http://www.farallonconsulting.com/careers/current-openings. If you
have questions regarding this position, please call Jill Morgan,
Human Resources Manager at (425) 295-0809.
Farallon Consulting, L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic
information, age (except for bona fide occupational
qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related
medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or
service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran
status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status
protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a
person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.
Keywords: Farallon Consulting, Seattle , Hybrid Principal Hydrogeologist or Remediation Engineer Seattle / Issaquah, WA, Other , Issaquah, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!