Quality Control Associate
Company: American Railworks, Aluminum Railing Solutions
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Full Job DescriptionAmerican Railworks is now hiring a quality
control associate to join our shop in Lynnwood WA. We are a small,
family-owned business with a dedication to excellence. We have
provided quality products and services in the Puget Sound area for
over 30 years and love to employ energetic and resourceful
individuals with initiative and drive.As a quality control
associate for American Railworks, you will be responsible for
verifying dimensions and paint quality for various aluminum
guardrail systems. All our pieces are custom and built to specific
site conditions and measurements, so a fine eye and attention to
detail, as well as an understanding of shop drawings and
measurement tools (tape measure, angle finder), is necessary. A
construction and manufacturing background is essential, as well as
the ability to read blueprints. This position will also require
cross-training with other basic fabrication procedures, including
use of a miter saw, grinder, sander, and the ability to lift, move,
and load panels of the railing. The position also involves
inventory management and updating of spreadsheets, as well as
sending emails.Primary duties include:
- examine new railing panels for flaws and variations according
to standards (dimensions, paint quality, etc.).
- update inventory into spreadsheets.
- wrapping and labeling of completed panels.
- communicate well with the fabrication manager and project
- prioritize jobs to be prepped and powder coated with the
- double-check for errors and perform self-audits.
- ensure any quality issues are documented and reported
- be responsible for keeping QC area clean, safe, and
- assisting with prep/powder coating process, including grinding
and sanding of aluminum railing, cleaning welds, etching, loading
panels for powder coating and moving carts into and out of the
- confident computer experience.
- overtime availability.
- high standard of attention to detail.
- professional, courteous, with clear verbal and written
- team player, able to work with multiple team members and take
- self-starter and proactive; able to work independently without
supervision if needed.
- knowledge of metal fabrication a plus.
- able to lift 40+ pounds to move, stage, and load rail
- able to work with powder coater to load panels and move rolling
carts.Standard shift: M-Th 6 am-4:30 pm, and Fridays when
Keywords: American Railworks, Aluminum Railing Solutions, Seattle , Quality Control Associate, Other , Lynnwood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!