Company: Peninsula Community Health Services - WA State
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Join Peninsula Community Health Services (PCHS) in making a
difference in people's lives and the surrounding community every
day. PCHS exemplifies a culture of community service that is
Patient Driven, Empathetic, and Staff Empowered. We are, a
Federally Qualified Health Center supporting access to healthcare
services (medical, dental, pharmacy, behavioral health) for Kitsap
County, Mason County, and Rural Pierce County.
PCHS exemplifies a culture of community service. Our patients come
from all walks of life. PCHS services are available to our patients
without regard for ability to pay.
PCHS strives to eliminate healthcare disparities in our community.
We have medical and dental clinics located throughout Kitsap and
Mason and rural Pierce County and a dedicated team working together
to create a care plan that's right for you. We also bring that care
directly to our patients who can't easily make it into our
traditional clinics through our mobile clinics, school-based health
centers, and by partnering with our community service agencies to
deliver care on their premises.
*Our Guiding Principle*
Here at PCHS, our guiding principle is to see and value every
person. We believe all patients have the right to be treated with
respect and dignity with an acknowledgment that this includes their
cultural, social, spiritual, and personal values and beliefs.
*Our Core Values*
Every member of PCHS stands by our Core Values: Patient driven.
Empathetic. Staff Empowered.
We are an employer of choice because we offer:
* Full comprehensive benefits including, health, life, disability,
403(b), CME allowance (specified positions), and more---
* Wellness benefits
* School loan repayment potential (providers only)
* Four- or five-day work weeks and flexible schedule-allows plenty
of time for work/life balance (clinical staff only)
* Mission-driven-be a part of a group that truly cares about their
community and has the goal to give back
The Naturopathic Physician (ND) will diagnose, treat, and help
prevent diseases using a system of practice that is based on the
natural healing capacity of individuals. The Physician may use
physiological, psychological, or mechanical methods and may also
use natural medicines, prescription or legend drugs, foods, herbs,
or other natural remedies.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
* Practice naturopathic medicine within the scope of the primary
* Analyze medical history, reports, findings of tests, and
examination to determine conditions/diagnosis and provide
* Advises patients about therapeutic exercise and nutritional
medicine regimens. Administers, dispenses, or prescribes natural
medicines such as food or botanical extracts, herbs, dietary
supplements, vitamins, nutraceuticals, and amino acids.
* Collaborate with pharmacy team regarding complementary
* Promote health by advising patients about diet, behaviors, and
methods for prevention of disease based on evidence-based
* Perform procedures within scope of primary care and complementary
medicine programs and the provider's surgical
* Refer patients to medical specialist for consultation especially
to other traditional health care providers when necessary.
* Educate patients about complementary health care and
* Share in the after-hours coverage and calls as appropriate
* Mentor Advance Practice Clinicians as needed
* Familiar with using electronic health record (Ex. Athena)
* Monitor, and where applicable, oversee relevant provider and care
staff to ensure delivery of care
* Other duties as assigned
This position has no direct reports.
* Active MD or DO License in Washington State (required)
* Board Certified or Board Eligible (preferred)
* Active DEA Certification (required)
* Active CPR Certification (required)
* Valid driver's license (required)
Must have excellent communication skills. Ability to work
independently and as part of a team; to receive and respond well to
feedback. Possess strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
time-management and organizational skills, including being
punctual, responsive, and efficient. Perform job with
professionalism and good judgment.
*Work Environment and Physical Demands*
With multiple locations and settings, PCHS' work environment and
physical demands vary greatly depending on the employee's role.
Essential job functions include the following: The employee is
required to talk, hear, see, smell, sit and stand. The employee is
frequently required to move around the facility; reach with hands
and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Employees may be exposed to mechanical parts and moderate noise
levels. Reasonable accommodations may be available to individuals
with disabilities to perform their essential job functions.
Peninsula Community Health Services is an equal
opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not exclude
persons from employment or application for employment from receipt
of or participation in programs, activities, services on the
grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, military status,
marital status, religion, the presence of a physical, mental, or
sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or
stalking, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local law_._
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Primary Care
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Bremerton, WA 98337: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%19987807%
Keywords: Peninsula Community Health Services - WA State, Seattle , Naturopathic Physician, Other , Bremerton, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!