CNA Float Pool
Company: CommonSpirit Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Up to a $5,000 Sign on Bonus for qualifying new external CNAs
and Care Assistants Lump sum payment within 30 days of start date2
year commitmentBonus amount prorated by FTE (min 0.6 FTE
required)CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build
the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest.
That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care
close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly
specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs
with convenient access to the region's most prestigious experts and
innovative treatments and technologies. -While you're busy
impacting the healthcare industry, we'll take care of you with
benefits that may include health/dental/vision, FSA, matching
retirement plans, paid vacation, adoption assistance, annual bonus
eligibility, and more!Job SummaryAs a Certified Nursing Assistant,
you will assist in delivering nursing care, under the direction of
a Registered Nurse (RN). Your job duties will include:
- Providing personal care with hygiene and physical comfort,
including feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothes, bed making,
ambulation, lifting, turning, moving, transferring, skin care and
bowel and bladder elimination. You'll provide the care that is
required to meet the personal primary needs and comfort of your
patients based upon your scope of practice, skills and
- Preparing patients, equipment and supplies for specific
procedures and examinations.
- Performing, monitoring, reporting and documenting clinical
activities within your scope of practice. This includes observing
and reporting changes in your patients' condition to the RN. This
also includes obtaining, labeling and transporting samples (e.g.,
urine, stool, sputum specimens and blood products); providing
patient information to nursing staff so that it will be included in
the plan of care; and documenting patient data.
- Assisting nursing staff with patient admissions, transfers and
discharges by inventorying and storing patients' belongings,
providing patients with personal care items, orienting patients and
their families and transporting patients using wheelchairs,
stretchers or patient beds.
- Maintaining a neat and organized work environment, ordering,
stocking and replenishing supplies and equipment as necessary,
identifying and reporting problems with supplies or equipment;
entering equipment repair requests in system, tagging equipment and
removing it from service.
- Maintaining a safe work and patient environment, adhering to
the hospital's Safety, Risk Management, Regulatory Standards and
- Participating in quality assurance and quality improvement
initiatives and activities as well as your own professional
learning and growth opportunities.
- Demonstrating cultural sensitivity and cultural competence by
using communication tools and materials for effective communication
and understanding how the cultures of patient populations can
affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care,
treatment and services.Experience Requirements
- Completion of an accredited Nursing Assistant program (or
military medical specialty training).
- Six months related work experience preferred
- Medical Assistant-Registered credential issued by the State of
Washington (within three months of hire).Certifications & Licenses
- Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant by the
Washington State required.
- Current Basic Life Support card through American Heart
Keywords: CommonSpirit Health, Seattle , CNA Float Pool, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!