Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: Goodman Manufacturing Company
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Thermal Supply is a Daikin Comfort Technology company in the
Pacific Northwest. They have 23 locations in the PNW. Thermal is a
wholesaler of heating, air conditioning equipment parts,
refrigeration and supplies. We are hiring an AP, Specialist in our
Seattle, WA branch. The Accounts Payable Specialist is a second
level accounting position reporting directly to the Accounts
Payable Supervisor. - The position provides direct support for
processing the day-to-day vendor invoice and payment obligations.
Ensures work aligns with established processes and procedures.
- Review Invoices for accurate information and enter them in to
the ERP System, indexing them appropriately.
- Verify receiving documents, approvals, and proper GL
- Verify accuracy of quantities and prices on vendor invoices
against purchase orders and receipts documentation.
- Maintain filing and document warehouse system for financial
information, records and documents to ensure easily available
- Research discrepancies and ensure prompt follow-up and
maintenance with appropriate departments (i.e., Warehouses,
Operations, Purchasing, etc.).
- Work with vendors for pricing/payment disputes, validating
accuracy of data and providing timely resolution.
- Inter company transactions as directed.
- Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis. Obtain a statement in
excel from vendors.
- Use V-lookup and save a monthly copy of statements in the G
drive using the naming convention of vendor name and the Month/Year
- Request any copies not received in the system for both credits
and invoices and process upon receipt
- Give credits to corresponding Research and Resolution team
- Must work and respond to AP Analyst and AP Help boxes in
accordance with the department policy
- Must inform all with vendors about electronic invoicing and
electronic payment options. Forward forms and/or applicable
information to the corresponding AP Staff
- Must respond to all inquiries from Manager or Supervisor within
24 hours and meet all deadlines set
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, accounts payable
processes, general ledger reconciliations, month-end closing and
- Data entry and 10-Key skills with high level of accuracy and
report writing skills
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel to create account
- Working knowledge and abilities with the creation and
maintenance of vendor master files
- Strong attention to detail, analysis and problem-solving
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with
internal and external customers and employees.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with
ability to effectively prioritize and complete projects on
- Ability to use good judgement and strong work ethics and
integrity on the job
- Ability to learn new skills and further develop knowledge base
- The ability to work effectively in a high growth environment
and a rapidly changing organization
Keywords: Goodman Manufacturing Company, Seattle , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!