Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Market Dynamics (12172)
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Market Dynamics Tracking Code
12172 Job Description *Please include a cover letter describing
your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications
with your resume. PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving
health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging
multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics,
technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH
develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world's most
pressing health challenges. PATH is currently recruiting for a
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support and advise on projects
under the Access to Medical Devices Portfolio within the Market
Dynamics Program. The MEL Officer will work with other Market
Dynamics team members and the MEL regional lead in Africa to define
problems, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market
failures that restrict access to life-saving products and
interventions, specifically in pursuit of improved access to
respiratory care services. Project work will build on COVID-19
pandemic response efforts and ongoing needs for oxygen and other
medical devices across countries in Africa and South Asia. Key
Duties and Responsibilities: Project Monitoring and Evaluation of
Respiratory Care grant(s):
- Lead the development and implementation of an M&E plan for
a large, 4-year investment into respiratory care including:
- developing data collection tools, supporting use of relevant
data collection applications, data visualization and analysis.
- leading the development of a data system to store project
related data assets.
- support the team in establishing strong data management, use
and sharing practices related to data collection, entry,
processing, storage, and security.
- generating routine reports, dashboards for internal project
monitoring, and continuous quality improvement.
- Communicate with donors and other project partners on
project-specific key performance metrics and indicators. Build a
network and contribute to the development of globally aligned
respiratory care related indicators.
- Drive innovation and set a broader agenda around progress
tracking for improved respiratory care access and patient
- In collaboration with the project team, facilitate
dissemination of project findings including technical input into
written materials and communication with key partners. Broader
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of grants across
the Access to Medical Devices portfolio, co-design MEL plans,
collect data, conduct analyses, and write reports.
- Build and contribute to an MEL working group in our portfolio,
to share lessons-learned, develop studies and work with other MEL
experts to create new insights.
- Provide leadership to implement benchmarks for centering equity
and gender in project work and operations. Innovation and research
- Contribute or lead developing innovative data-driven analyses
for biomedical equipment challenges beyond the core project M&E
- Develop and execute data analysis plans and modeling efforts
that track progress for respiratory care related indicators.
- Liaise with partners in the global health monitoring and
evaluation community to identify and pursue novel evaluation
approaches in development practice. Required Experience
- Minimum of a master's degree in health informatics, public
policy, public health, data science, or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience providing technical and
operational support in monitoring and evaluation for the private or
not-for-profit health sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead other staff and own project
- Demonstrated ability to balance conceptual work, requirements
to execute and to meet deadlines.
- Outstanding analytical skills with proficiency to work on
highly complex problems without extensive structural or operational
support. Proficiency in common data analyses tools (e.g. MS Excel,
STATA, SPSS, R, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to translate analyses into compelling
visual/written materials for a variety of audiences, including
donors, government, and corporate audiences locally, regionally,
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment across
multiple time zones and manage competing priorities.
- Humble with strong communication skills and experience working
in a highly collaborative environment as part of a
cross-disciplinary and cross-cultural team.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
demonstrated representational experience in professional and global
- Experience incorporating gender equality in monitoring and
project evaluation preferred.
- Knowledge of public health in low- and middle-income countries
is strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time. PATH is a diverse
nonprofit organization that creates a culture of collaboration and
partnership. More about the impact you can make globally here . We
offer our employees a competitive salary and generous benefits. For
candidates based in the U.S., the annual salary range for this
position is $78,840-$111,120, the final salary is based on a
variety of objective factors. - PATH provides a comprehensive
benefit package that includes 15 vacation, 10 holiday, 2 personal
and 12 sick days per year; medical and dental plans; life
insurance, disability and retirement benefits. For more details
click here . Hybrid work PATH operates within a hybrid workplace
model unless otherwise noted. Hybrid employees must reside within
commuting distance to one of our PATH offices. PATH's US offices
are located in Seattle, WA and Washington, D.C. COVID-19 Vaccine
Requirement PATH has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all
employees, interns, consultants, and temporary staff based in the
United States. Individuals selected for job opportunities in the
United States must be fully vaccinated, and show proof of
vaccination status, upon hire. Individuals are considered fully
vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such
as Pfizer or Moderna, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such
as Johnson & Johnson. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely
held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine
may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement. PATH is
dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. PATH
is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be
considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, age, national origin, marital status,
disability status, political ideology, military or protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local law. Job Location Seattle, WA or
Washington, DC, United States Company Location United States,
Seattle or Washington, DC Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Keywords: PATH, Seattle , Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Market Dynamics (12172), Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!