Sr Procurement Contract Mgr
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top
talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award
winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and
innovative future is now.
PSE'sSafety & Corp Shared Svcsteam is looking for qualified
candidates to fill anopenSr Procurement Contract Mgrposition!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position
will be discussed in further detail during the interview
This person will advise internal partners in contract management
and compliance consistent with corporate policies and risk
management, with particular focus on cybersecurity. If these key
pillars of our value proposition appeal to you, we want to meet
- Partner with internal stakeholders as a trusted advisor to
create strategic contracting strategies to best meet evolving
- Ensure benefits realization through contracting best practices,
risk mitigation, and payment optimization.
- Partner with cyber risk technology team(s) to negotiate
contracts which ensure third party suppliers maintain expected
security controls in PSE services.
- Develop collaborative supplier relationships to deliver
sustainable value through cost savings, performance management, and
- Utilize best in class tools and technology to build insight and
facilitate efficient processes.
- Promote and support a culture of total safety.
- Work with internal business partners to draft, redline,
negotiate, and execute various types of contracts for the purchase
of materials and services; provide highly complex/critical
interpretation, review, and management of agreements.
- Negotiate privacy, confidentiality, and security obligation
language into relevant contracts to address third party security
- Liaise with various internal stakeholders, e.g., Legal,
Finance, Risk departments.
- Assist in the highly complex/critical resolution of contract
performance issues with suppliers and affected internal customers;
facilitate timely resolution to minimize impact of
- Drive consistency in contracting; identify opportunities to
standardize or improve templates and processes.
- Utilize Contract Management technology to manage the end-to-end
- Bachelor's degree in supply management, business
administration, or other related field; equivalent combination of
education and experience may be substituted.
- 8+ years of experience in Procurement, Contract Management, or
a related field.
- Strong working knowledge of contracting concepts and commercial
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills, and demonstrated
conflict resolution skills.
- Strong ability to identify, assess, and mitigate risk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficiency
in presenting complex topics in an effective and concise manner to
broad-based audiences including various levels of
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively, both as a team
member and independently.
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, and decision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; demonstrated
ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Demonstrated ability to influence without positional
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of general information security activities within
contract terms such as breach notification, audit rights, disaster
recovery, and data processing.
- Familiarity with AICPA Trust Services Criteria in SOC2
- Familiarity with eProcurement Source-to-Pay tools desirable
- Understanding of procurement governance, processes and
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills to recognize,
comprehend and assess data, complex issues, and industry
- Paralegal or NCMA certification.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and
The pay range for this position is$85,000.00 -$141,500.00, and this
position is eligible for annual goals based incentive bonuses.
PSE offers a suite of benefits to our employees. Employees are
eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and
long-term disability insurance. There are additional voluntary
options of supplemental life insurance, accidental death and
dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care
and dependent daycare, and an Employee assistance program (EAP).
For long term savings, PSE offers a 401(k) investment option and a
cash balance retirement plan. Employees will also receive Paid Time
Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays throughout the calendar year.Detailed
benefit overviews can be found on our Career page - Why Work For Us
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they
need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving
Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy
started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future
through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs
and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that
includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive
bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement
pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status
or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential
functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local,
state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Seattle , Sr Procurement Contract Mgr, Other , Bothell, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!