Assistant Maintenance Supervisor - Residential Cobble Court
Company: Tarragon Property Services LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:PositionThe Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
functions in a support role to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager,
or leads in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor/ Manager, by
ensuring that the physical aspects of the property meet the
company's established standards and any applicable laws. This
position participates in leading the on-site maintenance staff, as
well as diagnosing maintenance problems for the property.Essential
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists supervisor with managing the on-site maintenance
- Leads in diagnosing problems and repairs for the property in
the areas of as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry,
drywalling, exterior structural, and appliances.
- Schedules, monitors, and performs preventative maintenance and
- Purchases maintenance supplies for the property while staying
within the planned budget.
- Inspects apartments before and after move-in and move-outs, as
well as after the apartment has been turned, and ensures compliance
with Company Standards.
- Responds promptly and accurately to work order requests from
residents, as well as delegates work orders to maintenance
- Performs property inspections on a regular basis in order to
maintain cleanliness as well as to identify any problems.
- Obtains bids from outside contractors and oversees contractor
work for completeness.
- Accurately prepares and submits property invoices in accordance
with established guidelines and deadlines.
- Assists supervisor with vendor selection and relations, so as
to ensure quality performance.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and
cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be
- Responds to on-call when scheduled.
- Ensures pool and fitness areas are inspected daily.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding the overall maintenance
function of the property.
- Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing,
safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health
and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local,
state, and federal laws.Requirements:Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of previous experience in property
management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade
is preferred.Skills/Specialized Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in
- Ability to use a personal computer and working knowledge of
Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as other computer tracking
systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax
machine, printer, copier, and key/Handy track system.
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to
relate to others.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable
local housing provisions.Required Licenses
- Current driver license and automobile insurance.May require one
or more of the following certifications:
- EPA Certification, Type I and II.
- HVAC Certification.
- CPO certification (pool).
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with
prescribed uniform policy.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of
back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis;
Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be reachable via phone, text or email, except during
approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to
- Some hand and power tools required.Physical Demands
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of
- Frequent stooping.
- Moderate hearing, talking, climbing, balancing, kneeling,
crouching, reaching, lifting, use of fingers, and handling.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands,
wrists, legs, and feet.
- Pronounced visual acuity (near and far) and field of
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Ability to identify and distinguish color.
- Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors
- Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 50 pounds or more.Why
Work for TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational
- We encourage career growthWe're an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status. ' PI200723880
Keywords: Tarragon Property Services LLC, Seattle , Assistant Maintenance Supervisor - Residential Cobble Court, Other , Pacific, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!