Company: Sage Bionetworks
Posted on: May 27, 2023
At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by
engaging and collaborating with people from a diversity of
experiences, backgrounds and identities. We develop and apply open
practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human
health. We are working to establish actionable biomedical
observations through the reliable analysis and responsible sharing
of representative data. By improving the way scientists collaborate
and by increasing the reliability of research, we will improve
human health.Challenges and BenchmarkingWe are currently recruiting
Research Scientists with bioinformatic or biomedical informaticist
backgrounds with strong quantitative skills and experience with
biomedical research projects. Key tasks will involve supporting
biomedical collaborations via analysis of multimodal and clinical
datasets (e.g., Electronic Health Records, radiology, multi omics,
and microbiome data) through community data Challenges, and driving
the publication of the results. This position will facilitate
benchmarking efforts for biomedical method and tool assessment and
will assist with the organization, analysis, and execution of DREAM
Challenges.What you'll be doing:
- Perform quality assessment for biomedical datasets contributed
by external collaborators
- Design and conduct analyses and meta-analyses across multiple
- Summarize research findings in reports, manuscripts, and
presentations to collaborators and funders
- Develop new methods, pipelines, and tools for analysis of data
in collaboration with external partners (federal, non-profit and
industry). Generate preliminary data to support grant
- Collaborate with in-house data curation experts to select and
apply data standards to datasets
- Work with "real-world" clinical data and clinical models such
as OHDSI/OMOPWe'd love to hear from you if:
- Have a Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics,
Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Genetics, Computer Science, or related
discipline; or another scientific degree with commensurate
- Have experience working with high dimensional genomic data,
such as whole genome sequencing data, transcriptomics,
metabolomics, and/or data from other high-throughput biological
- Are proficient in R or Python.
- Have experience with data harmonization or meta-analysis.
- Have experience with advanced statistical techniques or machine
learning methods, such as multivariable linear and logistic
regression, survival analysis, dimensionality reduction, Bayesian
inference, and optimization methods.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Are passionate about open science, reproducible research, and
- Experience with collaborative coding (e.g. github) and
reproducible research practices is preferred.
- Evidence of project leadership within large team science
projects or research consortia is preferred.Essential Job
FunctionsThe cognitive and physical activities described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform these functions.
- Sedentary work. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working
on a computer.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing
and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer
terminal; extensive reading.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.About Sage
BionetworksSage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research and
technology development organization that was founded in Seattle in
2009. Our focus is to develop and apply open practices to
data-driven research for the advancement of human health.
Data-driven research has become an important component of
biomedicine, but it's not always easy to understand how to apply
computational approaches appropriately or how to interpret their
results. Sage believes open practices can help. Our
interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers work together to
provide researchers access to technology tools and scientific
approaches to share data, benchmark methods, and explore collective
insights, all backed by Sage's gold-standard governance protocols
and commitment to user-centered design. Sage is supported through a
portfolio of competitive research grants, commercial partnerships,
and philanthropic contributions.At Sage, we have a distributed
workforce and support remote and/or on-site hybrid work
arrangements within the United States. All interviews will be
conducted virtually unless otherwise communicated.Sage Bionetworks
is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit package, competitive to
both commercial and not-for-profit life science organizations. The
plan includes: health, dental, vision, life, Accidental Death and
Dismemberment and Long Term Disability benefits; paid time off; a
retirement plan; flexible spending accounts; a shared incentives
plan, voluntary Long Term Care insurance, and other voluntary
products. Additional information can found here: Benefits - Sage
Bionetworks At Sage, we engage equitable workplace strategies to
ensure fair compensation. Actual compensation is dependent upon
current market data, experience, and pay parity within our
organization. Thisrole has a compensation range of$84,064 -
Keywords: Sage Bionetworks, Seattle , Research Scientist, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...