Press Op-Hydraulc & Mech A - 13706
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airplanes has an
exciting opportunity for a Press Op - Hydraulc & Mech A to join our
team in Everett, WA.Mechanics in this position set up, operate and
adjust a variety of mechanical and hydraulic presses (e.g., Crushed
Core, Transition Former, Hydraulic Tube Pull Out, Isostatic Bulge
Former) Forming material such as composite, metal and alloy using
hot and cold dies. Installing and removing dies and punches of
various sizes and weight. Position Responsibilities:
- Employees will fabricate, install, maintain and repair
hydraulic systems, hardware and equipment.
- Operate computer to access information as needed to obtain
required information from prints, sketches, drawings, layout
documents and Boeing (BAC) specifications.
- Perform safety check of machine, ensure that the area around
machine is clear of any obstacles (e.g., loose material, tools, oil
spills), power switch is off, safety jacks and/or guards are
installed and that press bed is clear of any obstructions.
- Move heavy material, equipment tools and dies to the work area
using stackers, Kalamar, die loader or overhead cranes, as
- Ask for assistance from co-workers as needed. Check steam lines
for cracks or cut, verify o-ring is properly seated prior to hook
- Pre heat dies and punches using electricity or steam, hook up
steam lines and thermal couples, as required.
- Verify temperature accuracy for hot dies by using temperature
stick and/or Pyrometer to verify tool/die set up per (BAC)
- Determine machine set up by reviewing W/O, tooling usage
instructions, and/or die set up charts make adjustments, as
- Load die into press, secure die using bolts and clamps, visibly
check for defects, and torque as required.
- Examine tools, dies and/or fixtures for damage. Separate dies,
as required, using appropriate handling Procedure.
- Set up press cycle program using control panel or manual power
switch to adjust height, stroke, pressure and cycle time of press
- Develop patterns when necessary, cut and tailor to die
requirements fiberglass, graphite, honeycomb core and similar
materials where no patterns or templates are furnished.
- Perform pull outs on various types of metal and alloy tubes
using a Hydraulic Tube Pull Out machine.
- Verify that material is free from burrs and debri, use hand
file and/or denatured alcohol prior forming operation.
- Expand or constrict metal and alloy ducts using various types
of presses either hydraulic or electric, as required.
- Check first-run parts, tools, and machinery to ensure they meet
safety, BAC specifications and preventive maintenance
- Perform tool try out. Obtain new or re-worked tools/dies, set
up tools/dies and press per tooling usage instruction.
- Work with appropriate personnel (e.g., tooling, planning,
engineering) to troubleshoot and recommend solutions.
- Clean parts, equipment and tools, as required.
- Consult with lead and/or others (e.g., engineering, planning,
inspection) on process or job related issues, as required.
- Dispose of hazardous material in approved manner (e.g.,
solvents, hydraulic fluid).
- Maintain a written tie-in book; communicate with other shifts,
- Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.This
position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will
be required to work onsite at one of the listed location
options.The position must meet Export Control compliance
requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. -
120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications
- 1+ Years of experience setting and using precision measuring
tools; equipment such as micrometers, calipers, and/or dial
- 1+Years of experience reading blueprints and structural
- 1+ Years of experience operating a hydraulic press.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Must be able to stand, twist, bend, kneel and occasional
crawling within an 8 hour shift.
- Ability to work in noisy environments while completing
tasks.Typical Education:High school graduate or GED
preferred.Relocation:This position is located in a location that
does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate
area or relocate at their own expense.Shift:This position is for
2nd shift.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Other Relevant
Information & Requirements:This is an hourly position governed by
the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.At Boeing, we strive to
deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and
retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package
include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities. The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees
with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs,
generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts,
health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and
disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that
provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. The specific
programs and options available to any given employee may vary
depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date
of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining
agreements.Please note that the salary information shown below is a
general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate
experience and qualifications, as well as market and business
considerations. Summary pay range: $21.00 - $44.08 an hour Equal
Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Seattle , Press Op-Hydraulc & Mech A - 13706, Other , Issaquah, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...