Paint Mixing Attendant
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Commercial Airplanes is
currently looking for Paint Mixing Attendant in the Puget Sound
region in Washington State!Employees in this position formulate
and/or mix, fill and deliver various paint orders, for the use on
interior and/or exterior aircraft components, including aircraft
exterior decorative logos and striping. Paints are formulated for
the use during production as well as touch-up, repair or spares use
on Boeing aircraft.Position Responsibilities:
- Employment in this position also requires carrying less than 10
pounds, lifting less than 10 pounds, standing, walking,
pushing/pulling more than 35 pounds, rotation of head/neck,
bending/twisting at the waist, contact with Lubricants, Metals,
exposure to Atmospheric Conditions , Noise, vibration, confined
Spaces and the use of personal safety gear for face, eyes, hand,
ear and feet.
- Work to pre planned schedule (Firing Order) or receive and
prioritize Hazardous Material (Haz Mat) Orders and ensure necessary
information is included (e.g., quantity, color, texture).
- Obtain and review appropriate documents (e.g., Boeing (BAC)
specifications, drawings). Obtain paint ingredient/formula by
inputting Boeing Material Specification (BMS) numbers into color
computer system and/or scan color chip on spectrophotometer, modify
ingredients/formula, as required. Formulate/mix required paint
batch by using electronic scales to weigh ingredients (e.g., bases,
tints), operate power shakers/spinners to mix individual
ingredients and final paint batch.
- Create color test strip and ensure hiding chip is attached to
blank test strip.
- Use spray booth and air powered spray paint gun to apply paint
on test strip and allow to dry.
- Repeat process until hiding chip is completely covered.
- Perform color checks by using visual assessment methods and
light booth to compare test strip to color chip.
- Use glossmeter to check texture/sheen per BAC
- Break down paint batch into appropriate size can (e.g., pint,
quart, gallon) per Hazmat Pick Ticket.
- Assign batch numbers and generate appropriate warning
- Pull Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) face sheets and record
information in log book, prior to sending completed orders to
kitting area for shipping.
- Obtain assistance from co-workers or paint mixers/kitters, as
required. Process/receive incoming Hazmat kits, verifying that
quantities and BMS numbers on can labels match receival
- Use power paint shaker on color bases and catalyst, prior to
usage or storage. Obtain and mix paint kits, primer and/or
protective coatings for shop usage. Ensure proper paint viscosity
by adding catalyst, flow control, solvents, and thinners per BAC
- Determine mixture sequence and color requirements per
- Check accountability log to verify paint quantity for each
color requirement. Organize and plan time in order to continue the
work flow (e.g., dry times, shake times).
- Clean paint from equipment, (e.g., mixing pots, spray guns) and
from surrounding work space.
- Use proper Personal Protective Equipment, when using solvents.
Monitor/control and inventory shop supplies (e.g., gloves, stir
sticks, thinner, catalyst), as required.
- Consult with management and/or others (e.g., Boeing color
engineering, planning, Quality Assurance) on process or job related
- Submit completed job or in-process checks to inspector at
appropriate steps in sequence for acceptance or rejection.
- Perform rework per Pick Up, Special Repair, Rejection Tag or
other authorized instructions.
- Lead, train and assist others in the formulation, tinting and
mixture of paint. Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in an
approved manner (e.g., solvents, thinners, paints).This position is
expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required
to work onsite at one of the listed location options.The position
must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US
Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. "US Person"
includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or
asylee.Basic Qualifications (Required):
- High school graduate or GED preferred.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience following oral and written instructions
- Experience working with detailed work instructions or reading
and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Experience with Paint/Paint mixing
- Experience with hazardous waste disposalRelocation:Relocation
assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own
expense.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Shift Work:This
position is for variable shifts.Union:
- Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via
Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective
Bargaining agreement.Summary pay range: $20.00 - $42.80At Boeing,
we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract,
engage and retain the top talent. - Elements of the Total Rewards
package include competitive base pay and variable compensation
opportunities. -The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees
with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs,
generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts,
health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and
disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that
provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. -The specific
programs and options available to any given employee may vary
depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date
of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining
agreements.Please note that the salary information is a general
guideline only. - Salaries are based upon candidate experience and
qualifications, as well as market and business considerations. -
-Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected
Keywords: BOEING, Seattle , Paint Mixing Attendant, Other , Graham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...