Company: Seattle Indian Health Board
Posted on: May 28, 2023
International District - Seattle, WA
SIHB Core Competencies
Core Competencies are foundational commitments and skills that all
SIHB staff are expected to develop. These competencies define
common measures for performance that are applied to every role in
- Commitment to Indigenous and Organizational Values: Everything
we do at SIHB is centered on Traditional Indian Medicine. It is our
responsibility to maintain cultural integrity in all that we
- Accountability: All employees of SIHB effectively manage their
own work and the work of their teams. We take ownership of our
actions and decisions. We all strive to deliver the highest quality
work and care, while respecting our teammates and relatives.
- Collaboration: SIHB is a team-oriented organization. As team
members, we share the responsibility of working toward a common
purpose. We collaborate with our colleagues across the organization
to deliver the highest quality of care and results in alignment
with our mission, vision, values and Theory of Change.
- Communication: We practice effective and clear communication
with staff, relatives, teams and community. We demonstrate empathy
among each other and with those we serve, and transparency in our
- Customer Service Orientation: All employees of SIHB recognize
the needs of the diverse community we serve. We put the needs of
our relatives first by delivering the highest quality,
professional, responsive, and innovative care. Our relatives come
first and deserve the best. Position Summary: The Scheduling
Coordinator, working under the functional guidance of the Director
of Clinic Operations carries out daily schedule templating, Epic
scheduling decision tree and manages the master provider schedules
in collaboration with the clinical team.
Organizational Structure/Reporting Relationships: This position
reports directly to the Director of Clinic Operations and is a
member of the Operations team. This position has no direct
- Hold Indigenous values and practices with respect and
- Hold yourself accountable to the highest standard by being
resourceful, innovative, creative and solutions oriented.
- Actively participate in organizational activities with the
understanding that success is achieved through teamwork.
- Recognize that communication is central to the organizations
success and actively champion your words and actions to maintain
respect for others, encourage constructive feedback, be open to
share laughter and acknowledge differences in skills and opinions,
all while keeping others best intentions in mind.
- At SIHB, we refer to our customers as Relatives. Our Relatives
come first and deserve the best. Serve the needs of our Relatives
first by delivering the highest quality, professional, responsive
and innovative care. Job Responsibilities
- Provides support for a template, decision tree, and room
- Fulfills schedule change requests quickly and accurately,
consistently seeking opportunities to utilize best practice
strategies and techniques:
- Identifies and completes necessary modifications to master and
daily templates, and decision tree build to meet client
- Collaborates with clinical staff to ensure appropriate daily
staffing levels required to meet the needs of our relatives.
- Consistently meets or exceeds Service Level standards when
- Independently carries out project work and meets all project
- Participates in the development and implementation of the
design of daily schedules, templates and Epic decision trees that
enhance patient access and scheduling workflows.
- Documents and revises technical and operational standards,
functionality, workflow, and other system requirements.
- Analyzes available reports and data to proactively identify
areas for improvement on measures of access and capacity and makes
recommendations to the department leadership.
- Performs that role of a business analyst working with
enterprise technical teams to determine the appropriateness of
change requests in the system including Visit Types, Referrals, and
other changes to the system as requested.
- Completes all required training as needed to maintain the
appropriate template builder access in Epic and to meet
requirements of the work as dictated by department leadership.
- Participates in other responsibilities, projects, committees
and meetings as assigned. Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years experience in
healthcare scheduling or other high volume scheduling
- Familiarity working with diverse communities including American
Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) population and a desire to serve our
- Must have 2-5 years related health care experience, including
experience with health care clinical and/or revenue cycle
- Epic Certification desired, but not necessary
- Experience in a FQHC setting preferred.
- Experience managing provider schedules a plus.
- Willingness to complete Epic training and certification.
- Understands and applies knowledge of medical practice
operations, scheduling and the specifics of Epic and Cadence
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, set
priorities, and understand the enterprise environment and competing
priorities in conjunction with developing/meeting project
- Can work independently as well as collaboratively with team
members, building strong working relationships.
- Ability to cooperatively and effectively work with people from
all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation
- Effectively communicates with colleagues at all levels of the
organization, including clinic staff, leadership, and
- Commitment to high-quality customer service.
- Proven organization and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and follow through
- Exhibit sound and accurate decision-making and serve as an
expert resource for problem-solving.
- Independently motivated and a self-starter.
- Remain flexible and adaptable within a fast-paced environment
and with rapidly changing requirements, working well in
- Able to quickly learn new processes and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation
skills. Able to communicate technical information in lay
- Experience with Epic, computer software including MS Excel, MS
PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Word required. Experience with MS Visio,
SharePoint, and other healthcare information systems a plus.
- Highly collaborative and dynamic work environment with
- May be required to travel off-site to other Partners facilities
to attend meetings and trainings.
- SIHB staff work four (4) ten (10) hour shifts per week.
Standard hours are 7 am to 6 pm, 4 days a week, with occasional
extra hours for events or to meet deadlines.
- As projects and priorities dictate, non-standard work hours
might be needed.
Keywords: Seattle Indian Health Board, Seattle , SCHEDULING COORDINATOR, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...