Senior Information Governance Specialist
Company: International Legal Technology Association
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Location: Seattle, WA Job Description: At Perkins Coie, we look
for self-motivated individuals, dedicated to providing value and
superior service, and above all, who have a high degree of
integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We have created a company
culture based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients,
and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing both
within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work
with one of the and receive great health insurance, tuition
reimbursement, and paid sabbaticals. GENERAL PURPOSE Under the
direction of the Information Governance Manager, the Senior
Information Governance Specialist is responsible for applying
established policies and procedures to facilitate the management of
physical and electronic records in support of the Firm's
operational needs and Information Governance strategy. The Senior
Information Governance Specialist will assist with the life cycle
of the firm and client/matter records, regardless of media or
location (on-site and off-site). This position will work closely
with legal and staff teams, assisting with the management of
information throughout the organization to ensure compliance with
legal, regulatory, and operational requirements and standard
operating procedures. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS These essential functions
are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform
unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation. Personnel in this
role must be able to perform these essential primary job duties
unassisted or with some reasonable direction. While this position
will be assigned specific duties, these may change based on overall
- Prioritize & accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced,
deadline-driven, and detail-oriented work environment.
- Implement Information Governance policies to ensure compliance
with the firm's legal obligations, operational requirements, and
risks regarding all records. Provide guidance and training to
attorneys and staff as necessary.
- Promote the Firm's objective to reduce the use/creation of
physical hardcopy files.
- Coordinate and/or perform scanning activities to ensure
projects are completed timely and accurately.
- Execute Information Governance procedures for the collection,
review, and release of electronic and physical records necessary to
comply with client records transfer requests.
- Execute physical and electronic records collection and
disposition processes related to attorney and staff
- Process electronic and physical records received in conjunction
with the onboarding of lateral attorneys and/or the transfer of
incoming client files.
- Coordinate and/or perform routine audits of physical records
inventories. Support procedures related to legal hold processes,
such as collections, terminations, and preservation orders.
- Support processes for physical and electronic records
disposition in response to court-ordered document destruction or
implementation of firm retention policies.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Attend all regularly scheduled department, office, and firmwide
- Complete all mandatory training as assigned.
- Be present at work during regularly scheduled working hours and
as needed in the position, consistent with the firm's attendance
expectations. This position is eligible for an annual discretionary
bonus, 401(k) plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, accrued
paid time off plan starting at 20 days annually, personal medical
and parental leave, up to ten paid Holidays, and family care
benefits. More information regarding benefits and programs may be
found . This position may be filled in the following location(s).
The compensation depends on qualifications and experience.
Washington State compensation range: $46,610 to $66,430 annually
#LI-Hybrid About Us Perkins Coie understands your career is about
choices, not trade-offs. We're dedicated to providing an atmosphere
that encourages you to pursue your definition of success. Click to
learn more. Agency Submissions Please click for more information.
EEO Statement Perkins Coie is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or any other category
prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to
all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement,
promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and
recreational activities and termination. Perkins Coie Marks 21
Years on Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For -" List The Firm
ranked 39th this year! Learn more To apply visit . Copyright -2022
Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
jeid-c73444accfdefe49a04a359003af0908 SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- To comply with Export Control laws, candidates must be U.S.
citizens or lawful permanent residents to apply.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work well with others on a team.
- Experience utilizing records management software and document
- Experience with cloud collaboration systems such as Google
G-Suite and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with video conferencing and screen-share
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain the confidentiality
of firm records and information. SPECIFIC SKILLS PREFERRED
- Proficient with Microsoft software specifically, Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience importing/exporting data to and from document
- Experience with workflow management applications such as
- Experience with SFTP/FTP sites and encryption technology.
- Familiarity with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured
- Familiarity with the management of network file shares.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret information to improve
the management of client and administrative records.
- Familiarity with industry best practices and information
governance. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE High School Diploma or GED
required/Bachelor's Degree preferred, and/or three plus years of
work experience in legal Records Management, Information
Governance, or Data Management. Professional Certifications in
areas related to Information Governance are not required but
preferred (e.g., Information Governance Professional (IGP),
Electronic Records Management (ERM), Certified Records Manager
(CRM), and Enterprise Content Management (ECM)).
Keywords: International Legal Technology Association, Seattle , Senior Information Governance Specialist, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!