Per Diem Direct Support Professional (DSP) - King County
Company: Redwood Family Care Network
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Title: - Direct Support Professional Job Area: - King County
Job Shift: Varies - -Job Schedule: -Per-Diem - - -SAILS WA is a
part of the Redwood Family Care Network and we take our mission to
heart. Our mission is to provide world-class, person-centered
services that promote choice, independence, and the opportunity for
growth. This is achieved through working partnerships and
integrated care coordination. -The -Per-Diem Direct Support
Professionals -role at SAILS WA is to support adults with
developmental or intellectual disabilities to have a higher quality
of life. A DSP promotes the health, safety and well-being of the
people we support. A DSP will also serve as an advocate for the
people we support and their rights. -Do you thrive on helping
others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching
environment? Do you need the flexibility a per-diem schedule
provides? If you said -YES, then we'd love for you to apply today!
-Compensation & Benefits:$18 - 21 per hour Unlimited Peer Referral
ProgramPayday on demand through Dayforce WalletFlexible schedule
that fits your lifestyle Requirements & Qualifications:Per Diem
employees are required to pick up minimum of (1) shift a month or
willnot be considered an employee of SAILS Washington per our
policy.Per Diem employees can work up to (31) hours a week, but
cannot work more orwill be considered a Full-Time employee and will
have to move into Full-timestatus.Both written and spoken English
language proficiency requiredHigh School Diploma / Equivalent
requiredWashington State Driver's License, a Reliable Vehicle, Auto
Insurance, -and -must be willing to transport clientsMust be
located in & eligible/authorized to work in the United StatesMust
be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local
law/regulationsFirst Aid/CPR Certified (training can be
provided)Have an active NAR/HCA/CNA (within 120 days of
employment)Have an active CPI certification (preferred, training
can be provided)Blood Borne Pathogen (within 120 days of
employment, training can be provided)Must be able to lift
50lbs.Able to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather
conditionsBe fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (or have an approved
exemption)Performance, -Responsibilities -and Standards: -Under the
supervision of the Assistant Director and Administrators, the
Per-Diem Direct Support Professional:
- Provides support to program participants that meets their
needs, provides opportunities for community integration, including
swimming, and creates a nurturing, safe, and healthful living
- Must check in weekly with Assistant Directors or Administrators
in regards to open shifts for the week.
- Can pick up shifts at multiple programs but needs to orient to
plans before working with client.
- Must have all training before becoming a Per Diem
- Must keep up to date with all training with our Training
- Must complete Per Diem checklist and trainings on a monthly
- Must be familiar with the Residential Service Guidelines issued
by the Division of Developmental Disabilities.
- Provides each participant with an array of instruction and
support services, as described in the participants' Individual
Instruction and Support Plan (IISP).
- Ensures that the daily needs of the participants are met,
including personal hygiene, food preparation, house cleaning,
shopping, and monitoring of health needs, including supervision of
- Assists participants with regularly accessing the community to
take part in a variety of outings of the participants' choosing.
This may require transporting participants or arranging for
- Ensures that participants are treated with dignity and
consideration at all times. Promotes and safeguards each
participant's ability to make decisions and to freely exercise his
or her rights.
- Interacts with participants, provides informal counseling and
problem-solving with participants.
- Attends staff meetings as required by the Program Supervisor or
the Site Supervisor and/or Administrator.
- Attends training offered/required by the agency, DDD, and other
- Takes part in the development and implementation of the IISP
for each participant with whom they work.
- Will become Nurse Assistant Registered (NAR) at employee's own
expense initially and annually.
- Must enroll and complete Nurse Delegation study course and take
test within 30 days of employment.
- Provides necessary support and supervision of
- Maintains professional working relationships with other
services providers, the participants' parents/relatives/guardians
and other agency staff. Responsible for timely completion of all
documentation, including, but not limited to, the medication log,
shift notes, progress notes, data sheets, incident reports, and
client financial records.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor or
the Site Supervisor and/or the Administrator.
- Must have a valid driver's license and car and must be willing
to transport clients in own vehicle.If you are unfamiliar with the
term "Per-Diem": Similar terms are "as-needed" or "on-call" -For
more information, or to learn about other opportunities with Sails
Washington, please visit our parent company's website:
Direct Support Professional (DSP), Location: Lynnwood, WA -
Keywords: Redwood Family Care Network, Seattle , Per Diem Direct Support Professional (DSP) - King County, Other , Lynnwood, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!