Business Development Leader, Commercial
Posted on: February 10, 2024
DLR Group is an integrated design firm that aspires to be the
most creative enterprise on the planet. Our brand promise is to
elevate the human experience through design. If that challenge is
appealing, you're at the right place. DLR Group is seeking a
talented Business Development Leader to help expand our Commercial
- Seattle, WA Position Summary Are you someone that has an eye
for seeking out decision makers; who enjoys building and
cultivating lasting mutually beneficial relationships? If so, our
Business Development Leader position at DLR Group is for you! We
have a phenomenal opportunity for a motivated individual to join
our Seattle studio. We are seeking a socially fearless,
entrepreneurial-spirited business development connoisseur to pave
the way for our integrated design teams. In this role you will you
take lead of business development activities for our Commercial
sectors which include Workplace, Hospitality, Mixed-Use, and
Science & Technology. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive
right in, take the lead and use initiative to help discover new and
untapped opportunities while working with Client Leaders to
maintain relationships with current clients. The commercial market
is changing rapidly in the Northwest, and growing economic and
political pressures are causing companies to rethink their
commercial strategies. Be at the forefront of this change with an
employee-owned firm that harnesses our diverse design voices to
inspire our culture and fuel the passion for the work we do around
the world. The successful candidate will:
- Lead business development by example - always being active
within the Northwest market (Washington, Oregon, and Idaho)
- Grow client relationships and win landmark projects focusing on
the Greater Seattle, Tacoma, and Portland Metro areas.
- Be an expert in new client outreach and create an active
pipeline of qualified clients and projects that support the
strategic business plan for the sectors.
- Be familiar with the sectors' portfolio, experts, and target
market trends, publications, and associations to facilitate winning
new design commissions.
- Partner with DLR Group leadership to ensure effective execution
of all sector marketing and business development activities.
- Ensure ROI goals are achieved by focusing on great clients and
pursuits; redirect any Random Arts of Marketing (RAM).
- Must be a strong communicator, collaborative, detail oriented,
entrepreneurial, and organized with the ability to multi-task,
prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Achieve at least 10% growth annually or more as defined in our
annual business plan.
- Be a great teammate and collaborator with other business
development professionals across DLR Group. Required
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, or related AEC
- 5+ years of relevant business development and/or sales
experience, within the AEC industry (emphasis in Science &
Technology or Real Estate Development preferred)
- Superior oral and written communication, as well as strong
meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Involvement in community industry organizations (I.e DSA,
- Proficient computer skills and experience utilizing CRM
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for
work visa or residency sponsorship DLR Group is an integrated
design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors,
planning, and building optimization for new construction,
renovation, and adaptive reuse. Our promise is to elevate the human
experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design
for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local
communities; and our planet. DLR Group is 100 percent
employee-owned and fully supports the initiatives and goals of the
2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the China Accord and
the AIA 2030 Commitment. Our comprehensive Benefits at DLR Group
include: medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs,
flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a
401k, employee stock ownership, and bonus opportunities.
Compensation considerations are based on location, experience, and
skills. The potential pay range for this role is $110,000 -
$130,000 annually. DLR Group operates within a hybrid work model,
supporting flexibility between office time and work from home.
Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and
LinkedIn. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Keywords: Knewin, Seattle , Business Development Leader, Commercial, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!