Senior or Lead Senior Cloud-Native Application Architect (Virtual)
Company: The Boeing Company
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.The Boeing Company is looking for
a Senior or Lead Senior Cloud-Native Application Architect
(Virtual) with Azure cloud experience to join the Boeing Global
Services (BGS) group and specifically the Digital Aviation
Solutions Flight Efficiency Solutions (FES) team. Flight Efficiency
and Sustainability products are part of Digital Aviation Solutions
portfolio and the role serves as a technical leadership for
FliteDeck Advisor (FDA). FDA is a flight optimization application
providing pilots with real-time, tail-specific in-flight advisories
to improve flight profile, fuel burn, flight schedule and saves
airlines money, lowers carbon emission and supporting Boeing
Enterprise Sustainability strategy.As a Cloud-Native Application
Architect in the FES team, the candidate will use their broad
technical acumen, experience, communication, and leadership skills
to architect, develop and implement features for FDA and work on
integration with other Boeing/Jeppesen applications. This includes
working with a variety of technologies including Azure services,
networking, security, microservices, APIs, iOS Apps, web
front-ends, SQL/noSQL DBs, and data pipelines. The candidate will
lead the design and development of cutting-edge solutions, and
collaborate with cross-functional teams to define architecture,
develop robust software designs, and ensure successful delivery of
high-quality products. The preferred candidate will have experience
developing applications for administrators and end users in airline
operations, including flight operations and flight crew. Experience
with agile software development, CI/CD DevOps environments,
software engineering, and cloud native applications. Understanding
of commercial, business, and military airplane performance
regulations a plus. Have growth mindset and passion for
- Leads activities to define requirements, design and verify
robust cloud-native application architecture, data and information
management systems and components.
- Design, develop and implement cloud solutions with scalability,
reliability, maintainability as the core
- Works across the organization bridging the business needs to
technical solutions based on simple, secure, and pragmatic
architectures aligned to industry patterns and best practices.
- Leads the identification of design constraints and ensures
application architecture conforms to requirements, including
incorporating architecture functions into software development
- Leads the development and configuration management of
application architecture views and models.
- Assesses of feasibility of architecture solutions and
alternatives including performing trade-off analysis like build vs.
- Evaluates products to assess suitability for integration into
delivery system environments.
- Drafts data and information management products and service
- Assesses impact of architectural decisions to product
- Develops architecture and data/information management standards
- Implementing security measure, conducting risk assessments,
oversees compliance audits
- Work with stakeholders (commercial and military) to establish
and maintain robust security and compliance
- Lead the coordination with other stakeholders (Product teams,
- Be a force multiplier by helping to coach, mentor, and empower
the engineering team.
- Agile development within a cross-discipline, global team
- Stays current with evolving standards and technologies and
actively shares this knowledge with the team.This position has been
identified as a virtual opportunity and will not require the
selected candidate to relocate.The position must meet Export
Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined
by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen,
lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications
- 3+ years of software / solution architecture experience
- 4+ years of experience with cloud applications development in
Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Deep understanding of SDLC, full-stack development,
microservices, API integration, programming languages (Java with
Spring preferred), web technologies, and cloud networking.
- Experience building mission critical production systems with
cloud native architectures (including serverless and PaaS)
following established reference architectures, patterns, and best
- Experience building multi-tier secure applications in the
- Understanding of practices like Azure Well-Architected
Framework, 12-Factor App, SOLID, etc.
- Ability to translate business requirements into system &
- Demonstrated experience working in a CI/CD automation and test
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework or Agile Scrum
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication
- n support of team meetings (approximately 1 trip per quarter).
And will be working closely with our Seattle, WA and Bangalore,
India teams.Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- 5+ years of software / solution architecture experience
- 2+ years of experience architecting and developing iOS
applications, including the use of Swift.
- Experience applying DevOps and/or DevSecOps practices
- Experience in the aviation industry or other regulated
- Experience defining and building architecture for mobile
applications with a supporting cloud architecture.
- Cloud certification (preferably Azure)Typical Education &
ExperienceLevel 4:Education/experience typically acquired through
advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or
more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of
technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work
experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years'
related work experience, etc.)Level 5:Education/experience
typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g.
Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience
or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience
(e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years'
related work experience, 18 years' related work experience,
etc.).RelocationRelocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit
for this position.Drug Free WorkplaceBoeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies."At
Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will
attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total
Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable
compensation opportunities.The Boeing Company also provides
eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of
benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible
spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings
plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of
programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from
work.The specific programs and options available to any given
employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as
geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of
collective bargaining agreements.Pay is based upon candidate
experience and qualifications, as well as market and business
considerations.Level 4 Summary pay range: 130,900.00 -
177,100.00Level 5 Summary pay range: $153,000.00-$207,000.00Job
Application close date 03/29/24Export Control Requirements: U.S.
Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export
control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance
requirements, a "U.S. Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. -120.15 is
required. "U.S. Person" includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent
resident, refugee, or asylee.Export Control Details: US based job,
US Person requiredEqual Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: The Boeing Company, Seattle , Senior or Lead Senior Cloud-Native Application Architect (Virtual), Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!