Quality Assurance Supervisor
Company: Oberto Brands
Posted on: January 13, 2018
Now Hiring QASupervisorKent, WA
Oberto Brands, known for our high quality, delicious meat snacks are currently hiring a QA Supervisor at our Kent, Washington manufacturing facility.The QA Supervisor Assists with the functions of the Quality Assurance Department. Ensures compliance to customer, and company specifications, and ensure compliance with USDA/FSIS regulations. Leads training and ongoing training of QA techs and QA leads. Reviews data collection for accuracy and process control. Responds as needed to issues involving safety, Food Safety, and Quality.
- Supervise hourly Quality Technicians and Leads teammates in the plant (Washington Specific).
- Supervises the hourly QA Technicians and Lab Technologist (Tennesse Specific).
- Assures that nonconforming product is addressed in a timely manner.
- Mentor and train new quality personnel. Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards.
- Provides support to the hourly employees in the department in regards to payroll, attendance, and any other related issues (vacations, leave requests, etc)
- Participates in and investigates vendor and/or customer complaints on existing products and non-conformance issues.
- Provides technical and process direction to Manufacturing and Quality Assurance Technicians and Leads.
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Oversee the efficient implementation of quality standards, programs and processes to improve operational efficiencies and reduce/eliminate production waste and hold product.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system.
- Train employees in SOP's, GMPs, quality procedures, and ensure training effectiveness in application of job skills.
- Draft quality assurance policies, procedures, and forms. Interpret and implement quality assurance standards.
- Execute programs, correspond effectively, forecast and respond to problems to minimize product deviations from established standards.
- Evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards.
- Works cloesly with USDA inspectors.
- Participates in other plant teams and programs such as HACCP Team, SQF Team, and others as assigned.
- Monitors Quality Plan, Product Hold, and implements changes to improve operating efficiency.
- Develops, justifies and implements manufacturing QA process improvements.
- Compiles and analyzes test information and QA metrics to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Oversee---s plant environmental testing program and verifies sanitation efforts.
- Support operations team on their efforst to drive first pass quality.
- Reviews or oversees the review of all documentation including but not limited to maintaining product release/pre-shipment release, quality verification papework and QAD Hold and release.
- Oversee record maintenance and distribution of analysis information.
- Inspects plant compliance with GMP's, SOP's and other quality and food safety systems.
- Assists with management of the HACCP program, product hold logs, QA documentation, compiling data, metrics, and preparing charts and reports.
- Management of any food safety or quality issues or of any processes which have become non-compliant with specified requirements.
- Follow established programs, policies, and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Maintain accountability to Oberto Brands Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF Systems. Informs Management of any food safety or quality issues or of any processes which have become non-compliant with specified requirements
SCHEDULE: Position is available on the second shift.
QUALIFICATIONS:Experience with Oberto quality assurance (Preferred)ABOUT OBERTO: Oberto offers a creative environment filled with other talented people. We are committed to rewarding our teammates for their hard work, enthusiasm and professional excellence. Company perks include:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Quarterly performance incentive
- 401K Plan with company match
- Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long term disability and life insurance.
TO APPLY: Go to www.oberto.com/careers to see the full posting and to apply for the position. Please include a resume with your application. Oberto Sausage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at (253) 437-6100.
Keywords: Oberto Brands, Seattle, Quality Assurance Supervisor, Other, Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!