Principal Research Associate - Payment Models & Quality Measurement
Company: IMPAQ International LLC
Posted on: February 13, 2019
PRINCIPAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - PAYMENT MODELS & QUALITY MEASUREMENT
Job Location US-DC - US-MA-Boston - US-MD-Columbia - US-CA-Oakland - US-WA-Seattle
IMPAQ International is a growing and dynamic research, analytics, and technical assistance firm working in health care, workforce development, social programs, education, and international development. Our services include research, evaluations, quality measure and payment model development and implementation support, data analytics, information technology, surveys and data collection, and communications solutions. Clients include Federal government agencies (including HHS, CMS, DOL, USDA, ED, DOL, and USAID, and others) as well as international development agencies (such as the World Bank and the Millennium Challenge Corporation), State and local governments, as well as associations, nonprofits, foundations, and the private sector. IMPAQ s mission is to create enduring solutions to global problems through rigorous approaches and innovative thinking. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, Seattle, Washington and a Bay Area office in Oakland, California. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
The Principal Research Associate will provide leadership and will support the growth and success of the Payment Model & Quality Measurement Practice area, with a primary focus on electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) development and maintenance within the Health Division. The incumbent will also support IMPAQ-wide initiatives, including identification and capture of new business opportunities, delivery and management of projects, and enhancement of organizational culture and development of staff talent and corporate capabilities.
* Identify and pursue new quality measure-related business opportunities.
* Develop new relationships with small and large businesses and prospective clients.
* Write and/or technical review of state and federal proposals.
* Provide oversight of the eCQM development lifecycle and related deliverables.
* Proactively monitor budget and staffing allocations.
* Provide strategic direction specific to the prioritization of measures, and recommendations to clients regarding optimal approaches to eCQM development.
* Collaborate with state and federal agencies (and other contractors) to improve the alignment and harmonization of quality measures.
* Facilitate client and external meetings such as technical expert panels, workgroups.
* Present/co-present applicable measures to the National Quality Forum for endorsement consideration.
* Represent the project team on external committees, and process improvement events (e.g. Lean Kaizen events, eCQM Annual Update Meetings).
* Supervise and mentor staff and identify training opportunities for continued growth.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
* Master's Degree in health care informatics or related clinical field (e.g., nursing, pharmacy, medicine) required.
* 10+ years of experience managing health care, performance measurement, or quality improvement projects and teams, preferably in government contracts and programs.
* Verifiable record of developing business opportunities in at least one of IMPAQ s core service areas at the Federal, state and/or local levels.
* Experience in leading proposals, providing services and preparing reports for government, private sector and non-profit clients.
* Experience in the development and/or maintenance of clinical performance measurement sets for evaluation of healthcare processes, outcomes, patient perceptions, and organizational structure and/or systems.
* Experience in health information technology, particularly electronic health record systems, clinical data registries and related facility/practice clinical workflow.
* Understanding of electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs or eMeasures) including appropriate standards, tools and terminologies.
* Understanding of clinical code sets including SNOMED CT, ICD-10 CM, ICD-9 CM, NDC, RxNorm, LOINC , CPT.
* Knowledge of CMS/ONC Data Element Library.
* Understanding of measure testing processes and criteria to support feasibility and scientific acceptability measure testing.
* Experience in preparing for and presenting applicable measures to the National Quality Forum for measure endorsement consideration.
* Outstanding leadership and communications skills appropriate for a fast-moving, project-based professional services organization.
* Strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
* Ability to think strategically about quality measurement and programs.
* Ability to lead projects and manage large portfolios of work.
* Excellent ability to communicate complex technical material, both orally and in writing.
Keywords: IMPAQ International LLC, Seattle , Principal Research Associate - Payment Models & Quality Measurement, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!