Sr Design Professional
Company: HOK Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 19, 2019
We are currently seeking a Sr Design Professional to join our team.
As a Sr Design Professional, you are responsible for coordinating
and/or undertaking the design development, production and delivery
of projects, as a member of the project design team or on own
projects. Assignments require independent action and decision
making as well as ability to supervise others.
* With preliminary direction from the project architect or project
manager, analyzes and develops approaches to the creation and
modification of architectural documents, elevations, sections,
details, etc. ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
* With direction from the project designer or more senior design
technician, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings according
to established standards.
* Develops strong presentations and early design studies. Prepares
2D and 3D presentation/design drawings and builds models for
client/project team review.
* Understands and translates design intent into technical
* May lead a small team of more junior technicians in developing
solutions to technical and design detail problems following
* Assists in client, consultant and contractor project information
* Assists team leader in ensuring that documentation for all phases
conforms to QA/QC and HOK Best Practice Standards.
* Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project.
* Conducts product and code research and incorporation of codes
into technical documents.
* Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, may
participate in professional development reviews.
* May have regular interface with clients and consultants.
* May assist in work planning and scheduling processes.
* Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
* May assist team in construction administration document
* Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents
* May participate in setting up project team software parameters
and management of standards.
* Facilitates internal and external communications.
* Tracks all project data in electronic files.
* Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into
* Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace
through sustainable work practices.
* Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
* Strong knowledge of architectural building systems.
* Strong knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED
* Possess strong hand and CAD drafting skills.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
* Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
* Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign
graphic software preferred.
* Proficiency in Revit and BIM preferred.
* Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
* Ability to work in team environment.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Bachelor s degree in architecture required.
* 3 plus years experience; or equivalent in appropriate education
and experience required.
* LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age,
genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected
veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or
Seattle, Washington, United States
Keywords: HOK Group, Inc., Seattle , Sr Design Professional, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!