Calling Night Owls to Fight Homelessness
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Location: Seattle, WA Days Off: TBD Pay Range : $16.85 - $18.60 per
hour plus $0.75 per hour night shift differential Shift: Night
(11:30 pm - 8:00 am) Insurance Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life,
Long-term Disability Other Benefits: Paid Time Off (34 days per
year), Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible
Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidyCalling Night Owls to
Fight Homelessness Do you think everyone deserves a home? Do you
have: --- energy --- patience --- a can-do attitude? A Residential
Counselor position may be for you! DESC has full-time overnight
positions with excellent benefits at several Seattle locations.
Great opportunities for learning and advancement. DESC Employee
- Over 6 weeks off in the first year of employment
- Opportunities for growth
- Team building and camaraderie
- Training and learning that occurs at your own pace
- Great medical and dental benefits
- Week-long orientation and training
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with residents in the general milieu and common
- Assist clinical staff in the coordination of services to
residents; contact residents' outside service providers as
- Assist clinical staff in engaging residents through creative,
resourceful strategies that build trust and confidence.
- Assist clinical staff in the initiation, facilitation and
promotion of on-site activities, therapeutic support groups,
outings and community meetings.
- Manage all building operations in the absence of other project
and clinical staff as assigned.
- Operate all functions in lobby office, including checking
visitors in and out, answering telephones and monitoring security
- Maintain safety and security by monitoring all general access
areas and enforcing project rules.
- Intervene in crises, respond to emergencies, and initiate
action as required, including contact with emergency response
- Write significant events involving residents and building
operations activities in a daily log; read log daily.
- Assist with room turnovers, new resident leasing and
orientation; rent collection and facilities inspections.
- Respond to resident complaints.
- Work cooperatively with clinical and maintenance staff sited at
the project and with visiting providers; refer residents to
clinical and other staff as necessary
- Initiate appropriate response to maintenance requests.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist with other property management functions as
- Other duties as assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERDESC is committed to diversity in the
workplace, and promotes equal employment opportunities for all
staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of
race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical
disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide
occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to
apply.PM17PI109561650Pandologic. Keywords: Residential Counselor,
Location: Seattle, WA - 98101
Keywords: DESC, Seattle , Calling Night Owls to Fight Homelessness, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!