Company: Metropolitan Market
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Job Summary: As part of our Front End team, this position provides
customers with outstanding service, communicates product
information, and contributes to the effective operations of the
Front End, including prompt checkout and accurate cash
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the
- Ensures positive customer relations; provides outstanding
customer service and readily communicates product information to
increase sales and best service customers.
- Ensures accuracy and promptness in customer checkout.
- Follows all Front End tendering procedures, including cash
handling, check cashing, credit and debit processing, electronic
benefits transfers, gift certificates, and miscellaneous
- Ensures accurate tender handling is achieved; consistently
balances till without overages or shortages.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines while working
with all products.
- Complies with all front-end safety and security procedures.
- Follows inventory and loss prevention guidelines.
- Performs necessary POS responsibilities, including price
checks, and proper completion of "item not on file"
- Correctly identifies produce items and their corresponding PLU
- Maintains Front End cleanliness; performs light housekeeping
duties as needed.
- Follows all policies and procedures without fail.
- Follows company expectations with regard to attendance,
communication, professionalism and dress guidelines/professional
- Works effectively and relates well with others, including
supervisors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside of the
Company; exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and
works to build and maintain constructive working relationships;
accepts and applies constructive feedback in a professional and
effective manner that enhances performance and resolves performance
- Demonstrates accountability; assumes responsibility for own
- Seeks out opportunities to learn and improve skills.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best
combination of the following qualifications:
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Proven cash handling skills preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups of
- Able to work flexible shifts, including evenings, weekends and
- Exemplary attendance record.
- Proven experience multi-tasking and completing projects with
conflicting deadlines on time.
- Demonstrates a high-level of self-motivation; takes initiative;
- Proven ability to follow directions and apply feedback.
- Consistently exhibits professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrates
an attention to detail.
- Minimum of 18 years of age required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of
Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be
afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race,
color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes),
national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging
in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination
or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age,
genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as
a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under
applicable local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Metropolitan Market, Seattle , Checker-, Admiral, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!