Cake Decorator-, Uptown/Queen Anne
Company: Metropolitan Market
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Job Summary: This position produces professionally decorated cakes
and desserts, as well as assists with Catering production as
requested by Food Service Production Manager. Ensures food safety
and quality control are maintained. Works in partnership with Food
Service Production Manager to ensure orders meet customer
expectations and are ready for on-time delivery.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the
- Produces cake designs consistent with Metropolitan Market
- Effectively utilizes several professional icing techniques,
including piping, airbrush, and fondant.
- Prepares cake boards, triangles, and boxes as requested.
- Prepares icings, fillings, whipping cream, and fondant
- Ensures accurate spelling and design specifications are
- In partnership with Food Service Production Manager, plans and
executes production completion timelines that meet company
standards and product delivery deadlines.
- Participates in other food production when necessary as
directed by the Food Service Production Manager.
- Participates in Food Service Production Department staff
meetings and store staff meetings as required.
- Maintains back room, walk-in coolers, and freezer in a safe,
clean, and organized manner; stores products in a manner that
allows easy access to back stock.
- Adheres to company guidelines regarding prevention of internal
and external loss, including risk management, accident
prevention/safety awareness, and loss prevention.
- Maintains safe environment for customers and employees; ensures
hazardous conditions are promptly handled in an appropriate
- Readily accepts delegated responsibilities and positively
responds to the direction of the Food Service Production Manager.
Accurately completes assigned projects within a given time
- Adheres to workplace cleanliness and personal hygiene
standards; performs general housekeeping and sanitation functions
as needed and/or assigned.
- Works a flexible schedule as required by business needs.
- Utilize a variety of specific job-related equipment as needed
or assigned by an appropriate manager or supervisor.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best
combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum two years experience producing professionally decorated
- Proven ability to work with icing, fondant, and airbrush.
- Proven ability to conceive, develop, and produce designs that
effectively capture the intended message and produce the desired
- Possesses effective decorating skills that consistently produce
superbly decorated cakes.
- Proven experience with colors, patterns, and logos.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce
quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of
urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative;
- Possesses knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of
- Proven success as a team member; demonstrated ability to work
well with diverse groups of people.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities
with professionalism and confidentiality.
- Proven ability to meet attendance requirements, dependable.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): It is the policy of
Metropolitan Market, LLC that all employees and applicants be
afforded equal opportunities in employment without regard to race,
color, sex (including gender identity and gender stereotypes),
national origin, religion, disability, or retaliation for engaging
in an EEO protected activity. The Company prohibits discrimination
or harassment based on any of these categories, as well as on age,
genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, status as
a parent, military service, or any other bases protected under
applicable local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Metropolitan Market, Seattle , Cake Decorator-, Uptown/Queen Anne, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!