Architectural Designer - Mid-Level
Posted on: November 11, 2019
As a Gensler ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER, your job is to combine
creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and
understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients.
You have exceptional design skills, a background in architecture or
design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts. With you as
part of the design team, interiors have never been so engaging.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Perform technical design assignments that include programming
client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design
development, space planning and construction documentation.
* Manage client, team and project coordination, including full
documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV,
landscape and civil consultants.
* Support communication between project team, clients, vendors,
contractors, consultants, and building and permitting
* Maintain project manual and specifications.
* Conduct and document site visits, process submittals,
substitution requests, and RFI s during construction.
* Provide design support and documentation during completion and
execution of design concepts.
* Work with external consultants, product representatives,
furniture dealers, and fabricators.
* Advanced degree in Architecture or Design preferred, with a
rigorous design education.
* 5-10 years of relevant architecture and design experience, with a
strong background designing multiple building typologies of varying
* Direct project experience working within U.S. industry/building
standards and regulations.
* Residential High-rise experience a plus.
* Proficiency in Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, and 3ds Max
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Outstanding graphic presentation skills
* Conceptual designer and thinker
* Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the firm,
with clients, and with other key constituents
* Licensure preferred
For consideration, please submit resume and portfolio in PDF
LIFE AT GENSLER
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to
delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to
internal design competitions to Well-being Week, our offices
reflect our people s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced
life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision,
disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and
paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock
ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional
development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional
licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we
reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view
our professional development programs as strategic investments in
GENSLER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY WORKPLACE AND IS AN
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL ASPECTS OF EMPLOYMENT DECISIONS
WILL BE BASED ON MERIT, COMPETENCE, PERFORMANCE, AND BUSINESS
NEEDS. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASES OF ANY STATUS PROTECTED
UNDER FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW. IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE OR AN
ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY YOU MAY CONTACT US HERE. WE
CELEBRATE DIVERSITY AND ARE COMMITTED TO CREATING AN INCLUSIVE
ENVIRONMENT FOR OUR COLLEAGUES.
Keywords: Gensler, Seattle , Architectural Designer - Mid-Level, Other , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!