Transportation Operations Manager
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Company Overview Join our leadership team and help drive the
continued growth of HD Supply Facilities Maintenance! Reporting to
the building leader, you will lead, coach and develop a team of
Driver Leads and approximately 40+ dedicated Fleet
Drivers. You will create strategies for route efficiencies, on-time
delivery and ensure the continued safety performance. Your shift
will start at 5 am. Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required.
- Prior experience leading a large team of non-union associates
in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment.
- Expertise on DOT policies and procedures.
- Hazmat knowledge is plus.
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred.
- Decartes or similar transportation software experience.
- MS Office Suite, MS Excel for reporting purposes
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation.
- Solid proven history of making strides in employee engagement.
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest
industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a
broad range of products and value-add services to approximately
500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair
and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through
approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian
provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide
localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery,
will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and
innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate,
HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that
supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of
which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is
empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing
competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a
rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing
industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you! Job Description &
Qualifications Job Summary Lead the operation of a Distribution
Center in support of company goals. Provide input and feedback on
all operations processes and results to DC Manager. Responsible for
providing input to DC Manager for departmental strategic and
operations planning, financial management, operational reporting
and communication, fleet management, departmental process
improvement, compliance, and inventory management. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provides departmental input to DC Manager for development of
operating plans for warehouse and transportation operations in
support of organizational goals including facility, equipment and
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to
support operating plan and provide cost justification for
departmental spending; participates with DC Manager in the
development of department operating budgets.
- Provides process improvement recommendations to DC Manager and
implements process improvement action plans within the department.
Conducts routine departmental analysis on functions, processes,
asset utilization (equipment, resources, and labor) and
communicates results of departmental analysis to DC Manager.
- Leads associates to be fully compliant with all safety and
Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource
policies; ensures safety and security of associates, facility,
equipment, and inventory relevant to department. Reports safety and
security discrepancies to DC Manager.
- Manages performance of Assistant Manager and/or hourly
associates and recognize, train, coach, counsel, and take
corrective action when warranted.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff. Work Environment
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of
which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable Education and
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally
7+ years experience in related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. PRID PRID108 Job Locations US-WA-Seattle - US-WA-Kent
Posted Date 1 month ago (11/5/2019 10:52 AM) Job ID 2019-35476
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting Location :
Postal Code 98107 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Seattle , Transportation Operations Manager, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!