Temporary Janitor - Float
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Job Title: Temporary Float Janitor (Four Open Positions that
will last a minimum of 6 months)
Days Off: Saturday & Sunday
Pay Range: $16.85 - $18.60 per hour
Shift Differential N/A
Location: Multiple Locations in Seattle
Insurance Benefits : Dental, Life, Long-term Disability, Medical
(no premiums/payroll deductions for employee coverage)
Other Benefits : Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible
Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days
per year), Retirement Plan
The Janitor performs a variety of cleaning and minor repair tasks
in assigned DESC facilities to keep the properties looking good and
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform necessary janitorial and maintenance tasks in all areas
of assigned facilities, including, but not limited to, individual
apartments, hallways, common areas, offices, storage and trash
rooms, equipment rooms, stairways, elevators, kitchens, laundry
rooms, lounges, bathrooms, showers, alleys, sidewalks, roofs, and
decks or patios.
- Monitor facilities and equipment for damage and provide upkeep
and repair as needed.
- Perform routine cleaning assignments by following a regular
- Complete other cleaning duties, including unit turnovers, as
- Communicate repair or extensive cleaning needs to supervisor
before starting work, seeking assistance to complete maintenance
work not within personal skill level.
- Do not enter occupied apartments without prior approval from
- Work at ground level or from ladders and scaffolding. Carry and
lift heavy materials, containers, ladders, tools, and other
equipment to and around work sites.
- Repair basic building or apartment systems as assigned,
including basic electrical systems (switches, outlets, breakers,
fixtures, and minor wiring), general carpentry needs (woodwork,
door maintenance, floor repair, wallboard and plaster work,
painting, and lock systems repair), and plumbing.
- Respond to emergencies, initiating emergency maintenance
actions, cleaning up debris, water, etc., and contacting
- Safeguard building and unit keys, never giving anyone access to
occupied tenant units.
- Read and record in maintenance logs or other record-keeping
systems to receive assignments and communicate progress.
- Participate in staff meetings and training's, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of janitorial/maintenance experience, preferred.
- Ability to organize workload and complete duties with minimum
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people from
- Ability to handle a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre
behavior from clients.
- Commitment to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity
across programs and of consideration and respect for clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
required to stand and/or walk constantly, sit, climb ladders &
stairs, bend/stoop, squat/crouch, kneel and reach above shoulders
frequently; and may need to crawl occasionally. The employee will
also be required to communicate with other employees, operate
computer hardware systems, work at ground level as well as on
scaffolding, ladders and heights of 50 feet or more including roofs
and patios. Frequent lifting, pushing/pulling and carrying items
weighing up to 75 pounds including heavy materials, ladders, tools
and other equipment to and around work sites may be required.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is the ability to
tolerate strong odors and ability to wear appropriate protective
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace, and promotes equal
employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The
Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence
of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment
practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: DESC, Seattle , Temporary Janitor - Float, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!