Sanitor - Sanitation Technician (Nights)
Company: Dawn Foods
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Hours: 10pm 6:30am M-F and Sat. 6am 2pm
Dawn Foods is a leading global bakery manufacturing and
distribution organization with 100 years of history. We welcome
candidates who have the desire to succeed within a team, thrive in
fast-paced manufacturing environments, and appreciates a family
We offer competitive pay and stellar benefits that are available
day one! Make Dawn Foods your next career move today!
This Sanitor position will be based at our Seattle, WA
manufacturing facility located in Georgetown. We are currently
looking for someone for 3rd shift (training will be completed on
1st shift) and is willing to work overtime.
Whats in it for you?
- Base pay starts at $17.50 per hour!
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Lifeare all available DAY ONE!
- Company matching 401k!
- Paid Parental Leave!
- Plus much more!!
- Responsible for the sanitation of the dry mix plant and the
grounds surrounding the facility. Adheres to all sanitation
standards established by IFS and Food Safety Policies and follows
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Plant Safety Policies.
- Responsibilities may change without prior notice due to changes
in ingredients, products, customer requirements, innovation,
regulatory, safety, food safety or other changes in the work
environment. This position description is intended to be a general
guide to describe the daily requirements, training or procedures
and expectations of the position.
- Perform general facility cleaning and upkeep duties as assigned
in an efficient and effective manner.
- Adhere to all company safety, food safety and sanitation
- Keep sanitation tools, equipment, cleaning solutions, etc.
clearly marked, organized and safely stored.
- Report malfunction of equipment immediately to EC/Maintenance
- Perform all assignments in accordance with established
policies, procedures and best practices with specific adherence to
SOPs, GMPs, IFS standards and safety programs, reporting safety
hazards to people or product.
- Physical duties involved in performing this position include
but are not limited to lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, bending,
standing, crouching, reaching overhead and climbing. This position
requires proper sanitation of the equipment, filters, tools and
mechanical parts. Team members must be able to lift 20 50 pounds on
a consistent basis. Position requires constant and continuous
support of production and other departments. Must be able to
tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten,
wheat, soy, seafood and shellfish.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and
follow safety precautions.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be flexible with shifts, days and hours; overtime and
weekends with limited notification.
- Experience with GMPs, IFS standards, understand HACCP programs
and plant safety.
- Previous experience in plant sanitation preferred.
- Ability to perform and demonstrate lock out tag out on
equipment authorized to LOTO.
- Must be forklift certified or have the ability to become
- Forklift, boom lift, man lift, cleaning equipment, hand carts,
hand tools and other assigned equipment.
SAFETY HAZARDS/PPE REQUIREMENTS
- Mobile equipment traffic in production and warehouse
- Slippery surfaces; slipping and tripping hazards due to
ingredients and cleaning products used; company provided footwear
- Hearing protection is mandatory in certain areas inside and
outside the plant.
- Must complete and achieve a passing grade on all mandated
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee
frequently works near moving vehicles and moving mechanical parts
and is often exposed to chemicals, fumes or airborne particles. The
employee is occasionally exposed to varying temperatures. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to
assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at
potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your
health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage
you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in
touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in
becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates
as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team
Keywords: Dawn Foods, Seattle , Sanitor - Sanitation Technician (Nights), Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!