Senior Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps (Remote till Covid)
Company: Y & L Consulting Inc.
Posted on: February 20, 2021
What you will do:
- Youll help design, build and maintain software services used by
our company's applications and clients.
- Youll be monitoring, maintaining, and scaling an
enterprise-class system while maintaining strict standards; our
infrastructure runs on AWS and is secured for FISMA moderate
- Youll follow best practices of maintaining infrastructure as
code and educating developers about application ownership while
writing outstanding code yourself.
- You'll guide and maintain CI/CD pipeline development and
advancement for operations owned systems and applications.
- Youll be ensuring the system is monitored and observable
- recommending improvements to Vibrents products and
- obtaining metrics, logs, and traces to enable decisions and
- building visualizations and teaching others how to visualize
systems using common tools
- Youll develop monitors and build alerts around the error
conditions and performance.
- You'll be included in the PagerDuty schedule (rotations for
responding to critical issues and interrupts)
- You'll participate in a blameless post-mortem culture, always
seeking to improve our systems after an incident and strive to
prevent them from occurring with proactive analysis.
- You'll help architect new systems and improve existing ones by
instrumenting best practices.
- You'll be expected to evangelize true DevSecOps principles with
developers and QA engineers.
- You must Google effectively and efficiently.
- You'll work closely with Sysops/Security staff.
- You'll work with our developers and QA to deliver their Java
applications to production.
- This is a primarily on-site role, working from our Fairfax
location directly with other SREs, Release Engineers, Product, Dev,
and QA staff in-house.What you need to know:
- 7+ years of DevOps experience.
- AWS, Ansible, Docker, ELK, Prometheus, etc. You know the
- Unix scripting - name your favorite shell, and prove it's
- Experience provisioning virtual systems programmatically is
- Experience managing Linux systems with automation is
- Experience building, maintaining and scaling Docker container
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, or a Kubernetes distro like Open
- How to help developers think about operationalizing their
- Azure or Google Cloud is a PLUS
- Splunk, Jenkins, RDS, security, and redundancy are all highly
desirable experiencesOur Current Stack:
- Microservices with Java Spring Boot on the backend
- Front End Angular JS / React JS
- Utilizing Kafka, Redis, S3, and MySQL for data
- Python, Golang, and NodeJS for writing automation
- Helm, Ansible, Kubernetes Operators for orchestrating
- Prometheus, ELK/PL, Grafana, Jaeger for telemetry - provided by
Keywords: Y & L Consulting Inc., Seattle , Senior Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps (Remote till Covid), Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!