Company: Able Services
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Able Services Field - Engineering Pacific Northwest Region /
Able Services is the largest family owned provider of engineering,
janitorial and facilities management solutions in the U.S. Since
1926, Able has consistently delivered world class service at a
competitive value. Working together, we deliver valuAble work-life
experiences to over one billion square feet of real estate. Our
clients range from large multi-tenant office buildings to
single-user mid and high-rise corporate headquarters and
administrative office facilities. We also serve corporate and
university campuses, data centers, high-tech and bio-tech research,
medical, manufacturing and warehousing facilities. Who We Are Able
Services is a team of diverse, highly skilled and talented people
who lead with integrity and respect, celebrate collaboration and
teamwork, provide value to our customers, promote sustainability
and personal effectiveness in all we do. We are 'Service at Work.'
Job Summary We are in search of a highly skilled Building Engineer
to join our dynamic team in Seattle! The Building Engineer will be
responsible for maintenance and repairs to the buildings and
grounds, related fixed and portable equipment and installation,
while establishing a safe environment for the facility. The
Building Engineer will also provide support in the overall
implementation of Able Engineering Services' policies and
procedures, engineering standards and safety programs in their
assigned building.-- Essential Functions
- Maintains and performs repairs to buildings, utilities, grounds
- Optimizes the repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and
plumbing equipment and systems.
- Uses and helps provide best practices to troubleshoot and
repair equipment and system problems so that problems are resolved
in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Maintains continuous operations of equipment by
trouble-shooting and repairing.
- Provides hands-on training and collaboration to other
engineering team members.
- Fosters a work environment that promotes energy conservation
and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- Records all pertinent data in building logbooks and makes all
appropriate daily entries.
- Conducts utility and equipment tests.
- Records pertinent data on all equipment in accordance with
federal, state, and local codes and requirements.
- Process administrative paperwork in accordance to departmental
policies and procedures.
- Actively functions as a team member.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with Able Engineering Services and facilities'
policies and procedures.
- Complies and participates with Able Engineering Services safety
- Complies and participates in facility specific safety
- Maintains regular attendance in the workplace.
- Provides highest quality of service to the tenants, staff and
visitors at the facility.
- Participate in regular required communication with Chief
Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer, management, tenants and other
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Highest-level relevant state/local license for Stationary
Engineer and/or HVAC, plus universal level refrigerant recovery
license and Grade 4 Boiler License
- 5 to 7 years' experience as a building engineer
- Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing
- Skilled in using standard powered and non-powered tools
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within strict
time constraints Please note this job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are
required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.-- Able
Services offers a comprehensive benefits package including health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate
vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and
more. Able values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to
foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses
our workforce's diversity to our common goal of providing prompt
and superior client service. We are an equal opportunity employer
and do not discriminate on the basis of classification protected by
law, including race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion,
disability, veteran status, or national origin. We also provide
reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with
disabilities. Able Services participates in E-Verify and will
provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to
confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: Able Services, Seattle , Building Engineer, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!