Senior Data Analyst - Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AAI) - 200000CA - Attention: Militar[...]
Posted on: February 23, 2021
View all jobs Senior Data Analyst - Analytics & Artificial
Intelligence (AAI) - 200000CA - Attention: Military Veterans
Seattle, WA Senior Data Analyst - Analytics & Artificial
Intelligence (AAI) - 200000CA
Location: Columbus, IN
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
We are a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered
to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and
environment. Our employees develop their careers through the
challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a
collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than
part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
We are a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce
and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also
small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a
team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their
careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Powering your
Our Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing
products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space,
you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced
career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated
businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a
wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Senior Data
- Supports Business Intelligence (BI) solutions programs composed
of multiple-functional projects. Collaborates with other
Information Management experts and peers to support functional
leaders through project completion and organizational improved
capability to expected maturity.
- Facilitates data and environment governance processes for the
- Conducts audits and address findings in a timely manner.
- Facilitate an intake process for assigned domain to reduce
rework and promote reuse.
- Integrates data from warehouse, data lake and other source
systems to build models for use by the business.
- Cleanse data to ensure accuracy and reduce redundancy.
- Conducts analytics to create reports and dashboards using
business intelligence technology.
- Delivers insights to the business to improve decision
- Develops the descriptive and diagnostic analytics for their
respective teams.Maintains documentation of key decisions, rules,
controls, processes and training.
- Leads project work to ingest key data for assigned domain into
the data lake.
- Leverages Data Catalog to help functional team find needed
- Participates in monthly peer group collaboration meetings to
promote the use of the BI ecosystem.
- Develops the capability of BI Ecosystem users in the assigned
- Manages, coaches, and mentors' direct reports on BI processes
and tools; providing guidance on problems and resolution; and
delegating work assignments based on employee skills and
- Applies machine learning and machine learning tools on data and
metadata to improve data quality and provides recommendations and
designs solutions to resolve issues.
- Develops data profiles for data tables and elements in the data
- Analyzes complex and diverse data sets from multiple sources to
identify data quality, coherency and integrability issues and
reduce data redundancy; provides recommendations to resolve issues
throughout the data lifecycle.
- Identifies patterns and trends in data sets; applies
statistical process controls on data.Qualifications
Data Literacy - Expresses data in context, including data sources
and constructs, analytical methods and applied techniques;
describes the use-case application and resulting value.
Data Profiling - Assesses data issues and cleansing requirements to
perform data extraction, mapping, collection, and testing;
establishes good, quality data.
Data Communication and Visualization - Constructs a tale of the
business problem, root cause, solution options, and opportunities
through illustrating data visually, including reports and
Data Analytics - Interprets information relying on knowledge of
business or functional frameworks and leverages analytical
problem-solving tools to draw conclusions and communicate
meaningful patterns that drive business insights; assesses quality
of data as an initial step of the analysis.
Data Quality - Identifies, understands and corrects flaws in data
that supports effective information governance across operational
business processes and decision making.
Project Management - Establishes and maintains the "Balanced
Triangle" of Scope, Schedule and Resources for a temporary effort
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
Interpersonal savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse
groups of people.
Organizational savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex
policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively
with others to meet shared objectives.
Manages ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not
certain, or the way forward is not clear.
Balances stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of
- 5 years equivalent work experience in relevant technical
- Exposure to Big Data open source preferred.
- Clustered compute cloud-based implementation experience
- Experience with Databricks as well as Informatica data
management tool set.
- Knowledge of SQL query language execution on NOSql and SQL
- Exposure to Agile software development required.
- Exposure to IoT technology required.
- Data profiling tools, technologies and coding experience
- Data Catalog tools and technologies experience required
- Business intelligence tools and technologies experience
requiredEducation, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree in statistics,
information systems or related field required.
- Master's degree in relevant field of study
preferredCompensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits
vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k)
Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan,
Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic
Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide
equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without
regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age,
religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status,
citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status
protected by law.
We validate right to work using E-Verify.
We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if
necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with
information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work
authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights
and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Keywords: Tech-Connect, Seattle , Senior Data Analyst - Analytics & Artificial Intelligence (AAI) - 200000CA - Attention: Militar[...], Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!