Business Analyst 2 - Store Operations, Fulfillment Team
Company: Nordstrom Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join us where it all began
Whether you design clothes or business strategies, crunch numbers,
lead projects or write code, we have a place for you. With
headquarters in Seattle - and busy ecommerce hubs in Los Angeles
and New York - we're a fast-moving company that encourages our
people to be creative, innovative and always focused on providing
the best service possible.
The Business Analyst 2 will be a key member of the Store Operations
Fulfillment team helping to grow the business by improving
technology and processes and ensuring effective use of the
applications and processes used in the stores. stakeholders with
data insights that empower business decisions. Through research and
interaction, this position assesses priorities of the internal
customers: our store teams. The Business Analyst 2 will collect
relevant information and data about new or existing solutions then
analyze, review, document, and communicate business needs,
requirements, and impacts on work processes.
This individual will be actively monitoring the key store
operations fulfillment metrics and as an integral part of the Store
Operations Fulfillment team the Business Analyst 2 is involved in
the data gathering to inform and improve decision making related to
Nordstrom's Store Fulfillment operations. This individual should
have a high degree of curiosity about the business and the skills
to discover impactful insights from data and communicate those
insights in a way that builds confidence and enables decisions that
drive business value.
A day in the life...
- Provide analytical support on core KPI's for the store
operations fulfillment team via data extraction and analysis.
- Serves as lead resource for dealing with challenging issues:
both technical and process-driven
- Partners with project and program managers to determine work
efforts needed on projects
- Drives end-to-end requirements and user stories for projects
and programs across the Store Operations Fulfillment
- Determines approach, templates to be used on projects
- Maintain reporting and analysis on Store Operations Fulfillment
performance and KPI results in conjunction with key impacting
- Provide exceptional customer service through professionalism,
ownership and initiative
- Demonstrate productivity through the efficient use of time and
a commitment to strong results
- Establish a position and reputation for managing complex issues
and having a sound approach to understanding the topic
You own this if you have..
- 3-5+ years business analyst experience
- Experience with analytical tools
- BA/BS degree or suitable work experience as business systems
Key role competencies
- Drives Results
- Follows through on initiatives/efforts to ensure successful
- Holds self to high standards of performance; sets challenging
- Has Courage
- Makes progress despite ambiguity or a clear path forward
- Raises difficult topics to be sure they are addressed
- Shares own ideas and points of view openly, regardless of
potential criticism or risk
- Manages Complexity
- Seeks to understand systematic problem-solving methods and
applies them when needed
- Identifies symptoms that indicate problems and accurately
differentiates problems from symptoms
- Identifies and focuses on the data that is most critical to
understanding problems and finding solutions
- Builds Trust - demonstrates reliability and places a strong
emphasis on the team meeting its commitments
- Build Teams
- Acts in ways that support morale and contributes to a sense of
- Expresses a clear understanding and commitment to the team's
common goals and priorities
- Communicates Effectively
- Conveys information clearly, concisely, and professionally
- Listens attentively to others and takes an interest in what
they have to say
- Consistently works to keep others well informed
- Demonstrates commitment to own development and encourages
others to expand their expertise and skills
- Takes on stretch assignments and career opportunities what will
- Decision Quality
- Aims to make good independent decisions and takes appropriate
action during urgent, non-routine situations
- Integrates various inputs, decision criteria, and trade-offs to
make effective decisions
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in
our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to
support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and
requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be
additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or
accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which
can be identified at .
-- 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the
Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Keywords: Nordstrom Inc, Seattle , Business Analyst 2 - Store Operations, Fulfillment Team, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!