Company: Horizon Air
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Company Horizon AirThe TeamOur close-knit flight operations team
orchestrates the daily operations of our airline, creating an
airline people love from behind the scenes. Whether you're new to
the industry or a seasoned pro, you'll use your expertise to create
the situations that make guest experiences as safe and enjoyable as
possible. You'll be at the heart of how our airlines will achieve
its goals and enjoy the opportunities you'll have to create a long
and satisfying career with us.Role SummaryExercise of 14 CFR Part
121 dispatch duties for preflight planning, release, and flight
following of company aircraft for flights and routes as assigned
within the route structure of Horizon Air. This is a union
represented position.Key Duties
- Dispatch Horizon Air aircraft operated under 14 CFR Part 121
rules in accordance with 14 CFR Part 121 regulations, Company
Operations Specifications, and Company procedure collecting and
disseminating information needed to plan and conduct flights
- Plan each flight departure with primary emphasis on safety,
compliance, and efficiency.
- Monitor and evaluate airport conditions, airways, communication
facilities, and NOTAMs for flight release preparation, flight
following, and operational control decision making.
- Monitor information concerning to weather trends and airport
conditions and anticipate changing conditions that affect aircraft
- Monitor progress of all flights governed under FAR Part 91 and
- Dispatch, delay, reroute, divert, and over-fly Company aircraft
in accordance with applicable 14 CFR regulations and Company
- Brief flight crews on meteorological conditions, airways, MELs,
NOTAMs, and information as required for safe and efficient
completion of flights.
- Brief flight crews and station operations regarding fuel and
aircraft pay loads, aircraft conditions, and routings concerning
- Monitor dispatch systems for proper functionality and accurate
- Other duties as assigned.Job-Specific Experience, Education &
- Valid FAA Aircraft Dispatcher's Certificate.
- Sound working knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation
Regulations, weather, and technical dispatch skills.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends,
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 23.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.Job-Specific Leadership
ExpectationsEmbody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be
kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementWhere permitted by applicable law, new hires
must have received the COVID-19 vaccine. The Company will provide
reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities
or for a sincerely held religious belief.Starting RateUSD
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k program with a company match up to 6%
- Monthly incentive pay plan up to $150 per month
- Annual incentive pay plan with a target 5% payout of annual
- Generous paid time off
- Unlimited standby travel benefits on Alaska Airlines & Horizon
AirApply by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on 1/17/2022Employment Type
Full-TimeFLSA Status Non-ExemptRegular/Temporary RegularRequisition
ID 2021-7149I: Y - 1Equal Employment Opportunity Alaska Airlines
and Horizon Air are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer that is committed to diversity, equity,
and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, and
gender expression), national origin, age, protected veteran or
disabled status, genetic information (including family medical
history) or other legally protected characteristics. Qualified
applicants with criminal histories will also be considered for
employment, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local
law. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and
persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are an
E-Verify - employer, where required by law.
Keywords: Horizon Air, Seattle , Dispatcher, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!