Member Consultant I - Northgate
Company: Verity Credit Union
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are hiring for a full time Member Consultant I at our
Northgate Branch. This position enhances our members' lives by
creating trusted relationships and bringing our experience
standards to life in every interaction by making it easy to do
business, resolving issues emotionally and operationally, and
valuing our members' time. Member Consultant Is handle all
in-branch transactions and member service requests, open secondary
deposit accounts and non-real estate consumer loans, educate
members on alternate ways to transact on their accounts, and
cross-sell additional products and services that benefit members.
Ideal candidates for this position are agile and service focused,
thrive in a dynamic team environment, interactively communicate,
pay attention to detail, and problem solve effectively. (At some
financial institutions, this type of position is called a senior
teller, universal associate, or a service representative.) This job
is not eligible for remote work.
Verity Credit Union complies with the OSHA Covid-19 mandate, all
candidates must verify their vaccination status upon contingent
offer of employment. Accommodations are available for the ADA
Who We Are. . .Verity has been a local member-owned credit union
offering a full range of financial products and services to our
members since 1933. Verity means truth-and this guides our actions.
Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one.
We are the only financial institution in the Pacific Northwest that
is a part of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV), one
of 54 financial institutions around the globe committed to a triple
bottom line approach to our banking, which means that people,
planet and prosperity are at the heart of everything we do.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily
activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success.
Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington and we
are honored to be a 2020 National 101 Best & Brightest Company
based on our employee's own reviews for six years in a row.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adhere to the Verity Experience Process in every member
- Listen to the member and understand their goals. Identifying
ways to cross sell Verity's products and services.
- Capture relevant information and input it into our CRM
- Value our members' time by accurately and efficiently
processing transactions including wires, payments, and IRA
- Resolve member issues; emotionally and operationally, while
adhering to Verity's policies and procedures.
- Originate, process, and fund consumer loans including credit
cards, lines of credit, and auto loans.
- Originate deposit accounts including checking, savings, money
market, and certificates of deposit.
- Collaborate with your team to achieve sales, service and
- Performs other job related duties as
assignedQualificationsPlease Note: If you feel you do not have all
the qualifications and/or skills listed we still encourage you to
apply.Experience and Education
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required,
higher education is a plus
- Customer service and/or retail experience is strongly
- Experience in a financial institution is a plus, not
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Ability to perform minor mathematical calculations and collect
and analyze data
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all
employees and members
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to
reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the
position. The following is a list of physical considerations that
are normally encountered in this job:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with diverse
membership and staff
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an
- Ability to visually recognize and verify funds for endorsements
Washington is an At-Will Employment StateYour employment is "at
will", meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason,
with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to
conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any
reason, with or without notice.No statement or promise by a credit
union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change
in the "at will" policy, nor would it constitute an employment or
other contractual agreement.
Keywords: Verity Credit Union, Seattle , Member Consultant I - Northgate, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!