Company: Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region
Location: Maple Valley
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionWhen you love what you do, it's more than a job.
It's a passion, and a Mission.As a member of the Goodwill
production team you will be responsible for processing and sorting
the donations provided by our community. You can expect to build
relationships with team members, follow processes and procedures,
and see the real impact you are having on the lives of others. We
strongly believe in promoting from within, and provide many growth
and promotional opportunities for dedicated workers. We are seeking
quick, task-oriented individuals to help with the daily processing
of donations. This is a great job for someone seeking to enter (or
re-enter) the work force while supporting the mission of
Goodwill.Right now our Maple Valley, WA store is seeking a Part
Time Production Worker!Salary: $14.49 Per HourThe Ideal candidate
is someone who;
- Is focused on safety
- Shows up to work everyday
- Has a great attitude
- Is able to work as a team
- Follows production schedules
- Is flexible and ready to learn
- Maintain attention to detail
- Is able to lift 25lbs to 50lbs.We Have You Covered:
- Full time employees will enjoy health care, vacation, life
insurance, as well as other benefits.
- All employees receive merchandise discounts.
- We strongly believe in promoting from within, and have multiple
avenues for career growth.Production Workers are responsible for
processing donated merchandise for re-sale including sorting, and
pricing in a warehouse environment. This is a career advancing
position. Giving great experience and development skills to pursue
advancement. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unloads sacks, boxes, and miscellaneous donated items from gay
lords or donation carts and transports them to proper processing or
- Sorts goods into appropriate categories
- Inspects items for salability.
- Cleans or repairs items to be priced and placed on the store
- Tickets items for sale by attaching price ticket to item.
- Records and keeps daily production records.
- Places ticketed items on or in appropriate transport
- Monitors and reports supply needs to supervisor.
- Ensures the area stays clean, well-organized and safe.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to work and maintain in a fast pace environment.
- Flexibility to change priorities as business dictates.
- Willingness to cross train in other areas. At Goodwill we are
committed to creating and sustaining a culture of equity, diversity
and inclusion. We embrace our employees' differences, and believe
in meeting the members of our workforce and their communities where
they are. Since our doors first opened in 1921, we have been
changing lives by offering a hand up, not a hand out. We invite you
to join us for our next 100 years of service to our neighbors.Our
Mission is to help people reach their fullest potential through
individual education, job placement and career pathway services
made possible by community donations, purchases and partnerships.At
Goodwill, we welcome people with diverse backgrounds, including
persons with disabilities or other disadvantages. In fact, a
substantial portion of our employees have a disability and/or
economic disadvantage and we strongly encourage such persons to
apply.This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a
service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department
of Social Security (SSA). For further information on E-Verify
contact DHS at 1-888-464-4218.
Keywords: Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainier Region, Seattle , Production Worker, Professions , Maple Valley, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!