Mechanical Cost Estimator
Company: O'Connor Construction Management
Posted on: May 16, 2022
O'Connor Construction Management, Inc. ( OCMI ) is a full
service, independent construction management company with over 40
years' experience in the industry. We have offices in Dallas, Las
Vegas, Seattle, Charlotte, Washington D.C., and throughout
California, serving a broad range of markets: Federal Government,
Infrastructure, Energy, Education, Hospitality, Healthcare, and
Commercial/Retail. Our diverse staff includes Construction
Managers, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Estimators, and
Scheduling experts. We are growing and currently have an immediate
full-time, long-term opportunity for a dynamic, success driven
Mechanical Cost Estimator. If you are passionate about cost control
services and relate to OCMI's core values of curiosity, meaningful
service, and integrity, then we would like to hear from you!
Read more about our core values and what it's like to work at the
OCMI family here . The Mechanical Cost Estimator will be
- Work as Mechanical Subject Matter Expert and work with the
Estimating Team to deliver quality Cost Estimating Products.
- Create cost estimates, studies, analyses, and evaluations, at
all levels of project development, as part of the internal
- Through a detailed review of all documentation, develop
comprehensive cost estimates/models that communicate client's
project and strategic goals.
- Perform quantity take-off in a manner and level of detail
consistent with the project goals.
- Assure that a quality product is presented to the client
through adherence to the company's QA/QC procedures.
- Communicate effectively through clear and concise means
appropriate to the project's goals (verbal, written, and
- Actively research, solicit, and develop sources/vendors for
compiling and maintaining accuracy of cost information.
- Investigate and incorporate project constraints into cost
- Review contractor and subcontractor change order estimates.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years related mechanical cost estimating
- Possess excellent written & verbal communication skills and
effectively communicate with the client, stakeholders, design, and
construction teams alike.
- Experience operating software programs such as Bluebeam,
On-screen Takeoff (OST), AutoCAD, and Microsoft Project
- Advance knowledge utilizing Microsoft Office
- Previous Owner's Representative experience highly desired
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be able to interact well with clients
- Self-starter and self-directed
- AACE or ASPE Cost Certification preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction, Engineering, or Architecture
preferred; or any degree with construction/design-related
- Company-sponsored Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Program with a Company Match
- Paid Holidays / Sick Leave / Vacation Accrual
- Company Team Building & Comradery Events O'Connor Construction
Management, Inc. (OCMI) is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. OCMI does not discriminate based on race, color, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status,
veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category
prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. You have been
redirected to a O'Connor Construction Management, Inc. job
Keywords: O'Connor Construction Management, Seattle , Mechanical Cost Estimator, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!