Fleet Service Mechanic
Company: Pacific Coast Fruit Company
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce
distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail,
wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of
the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with
distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent),
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe
the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, Take good
care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they
will make you successful. As an Fleet Service Mechanic, you'll earn
a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, receive
ongoing further mechanical and diagnostic training, and open doors
to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit
Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from
within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your
career with us.
This position will be responsible for learning to perform
preventative maintenance and repairs on Pacific Coast Fruit Company
vehicles. This could include troubleshooting and repairing diesel,
hydraulic, electrical, refrigeration, and mechanical equipment. The
pride, enthusiasm, and ownership each Mechanic brings to their role
is critical to the success of the company.
What you'll do...
* Perform a variety of skilled duties which may involve inspection,
diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of hydraulic
brake systems, suspension, front-end and steering systems, tire
changes, and engine components and trailers.
* Service equipment as required to ensure proper operating
condition at the job site
* Operate equipment such as booms, forklifts, compressors, portable
and stationary generators, hydraulic and electrical tools and
equipment, and related tools and equipment.
* Satisfy in a timely manner all required documentation,
timesheets, checklists, receiving records and repair order
* Conduct preventative maintenance as required to ensure the timely
and accurate completion of preventative maintenance activities.
* Clean work vehicle and work area as necessary to maintain a safe
* Meet all company, governmental and equipment related safety
* Maintain supplies inventory and purchase parts.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Transportation management
team or authorized personnel.
What we look for...
* 2 years of experience as an automotive heavy equipment/diesel
mechanic or equivalent combination of experience and
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Vocational Training and/ or Technical Certificate or equivalent
* Experience performing industrial lift and/or aerial equipment
* Provide own tools and possess ability to safely and effectively
* Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to assume ownership for
* Team-oriented, with the ability to look at what's best for the
company when making decisions
* Must be able to communicate effectively in person and in writing
with drivers, supervisors, and individuals at all levels of the
* Ability to read and interpret specification and manuals and
accurately complete service-related documents and paperwork
* Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of equipment
* Ability to safely use hand and power tools, equipment, and
* Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear
understanding of equipment safety
* Required the ability to lift, push, or pull and move up to 70
pounds and must be capable of climbing, kneeling, twisting and
bending in a varied environment
* Must be dependable and report to work on time
* Must be able to perform basic computer operations
What you'll gain...
* The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along
* Competitive salary - $26-$35/hour depending on experience and
* Comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision,
401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
* Ongoing mechanical and diagnostic training
* Immediate access to earned wages through Daily Pay
* Regular and constructive performance feedback
* Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family
through our generous employee purchase program
Keywords: Pacific Coast Fruit Company, Seattle , Fleet Service Mechanic, Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!