Estimator (Heavy Civil Division)
Company: The Walsh Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Walsh is currently seeking an Estimator for our Heavy Civil
Division in Seattle, WA.
The Estimator will support and work with management, operations and
estimating staff in the review of project plans, requirements and
specifications. The Estimator shall have extensive knowledge of
construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles.
Qualified individuals will have estimating experience with large
Commercial, Residential, Healthcare, Transportation projects. Must
be confident working with estimating teams on projects of varying
sizes, and be capable of estimating hard bid, negotiated and
conceptual projects. Individual must be self-motivated, possess
strong communication/interpersonal skills and be confident in
his/her ability to develop and manage their assigned portion of the
As a fourth-generation, family-owned business, Walsh recruits
individuals who are seeking a small company feel with a large
company backing. Walsh is a successful fast-growing company at the
forefront of technology and is committed to being the employer of
choice to our employees and the builder of choice to our
There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should
consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex work
- Creative and innovative problem-solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward hard work
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility in career path & progression
- Opportunities to work and live all over the United States
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities to coordinate a team of
estimators to develop a large multidisciplinary estimate.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Perform accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Prepare bid packages. Compare and analyze competitive
subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion
(conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Assist with certain post-bid buyouts.
- Comprehends contract requirements for diversity compliance.
- 5 years of experience or College Degree with 3 years of
- Experience estimating projects over $30M
- Experience estimating heavy civil projects preferred
- Understanding of all applicable estimating software.
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and have the ability
- Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines while
constantly changing tasks and demands
- Effective presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communicator
The Walsh Group offers competitive wages and benefits,
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & Paid US Holidays
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Maternity Leave Policy
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
If hired by The Walsh Group, you must be in compliance with your
employment location's COVID-19 related requirements, if any.
The Walsh Group, Ltd. Is committed to providing equal opportunity
to qualified applicants with disabilities to compete for jobs. To
request a reasonable accommodation in completing this application,
please contact the Human Resources Department at 312-563-5905 or
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran
Keywords: The Walsh Group, Seattle , Estimator (Heavy Civil Division), Professions , Seattle, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!